Blog Archive

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Enters the Foyer

I just love these  little Putz or "glitter houses" as they are sometimes called... and this year I have put them in the entry way....last year they were on the fireplace mantle.  The Putz houses that I chose for the foyer are all churches and several of them are lit.
 I added some silvery leaves and glittered trees to the white Christmas ball wreath that I made last year.  I usually "freshen up" my decorations each year! 



I have a vignette of three houses just as you come in the front door.
I put each one of them on a crystal pedestal bowl and added lots of glittery snow...

This little Santa is by a book tree that I made...

They are just beautiful when lit...

I took this photo as I stood in the front door......straight ahead is the kitchen...to the left is the formal dining room..and to the right is the hallway to the bedrooms.

I made a Christmas tree from the ruffled doilies that my mother made... I remember seeing them sitting around with dixie cups holding up the ruffles until the starch set up

This is la vintage fold out desk that is in the entry way...

I added some tulle, lights, satin bows, and sparkly flowers to the swag that was already there.

Here is another book tree that I made and some sweet vintage deer

Here is a close up of the lamp by the desk

There is a coat rack in the entry way and I have put some of my winter coats on it ...just in case,..it doesn't get real cold here in New Mexico very often

Below are just some random pictures of the entry way....





I hope you enjoyed the tour of our Christmas Foyer!

UndertheTableandDreaming

Photobucket
Photobucket
shabby creek cottage
The 36th AVENUE
vif187

The Shabby Nest
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Or so she says

15 comments:

  1. So lovely! It's like a winter wonderland. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    I have been decorating the Kitchen all day today ( will finish by tonight) and I thought I would take a break and stop in to see if you posted anything new and I was pleasantly surprised!!
    Love those putz houses!! So pretty !! I bought one today on Michael's that is a church and I will be adding it to my Living Room decorations...I also heard that Target might have some. Will go and check tomorrow morning!!
    Love the way you have them displayed...Just beautiful!! Love you coats by the door. You would need one of those today if you were in Northeast Pa. It is only 36 degrees here with a stiff wind and we have been having snow flurries all day!! Nothing sticking to the ground though..Going down into the 20's tonight!!
    We may have an "accumulating" snow on Tuesday into Wednesday... Of course, I am working so I will have to drive in it... I am getting tired of driving to work in snow...
    Everything looks beautiful!! Love that swag...
    We are going to see Tran Siberian Orchestra tomorrow. We go every year..

    Have a great weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, Penny, you are a fairy lady!!!Your docers are gorgeous and i love everything, as usual.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so dreamy! I love your putz houses and all the bottle brush trees...sparkly and pretty!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those putz houses....and that they are churches makes them even better. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Panny, your house looks like a house for dolls. You've really created a fairytale. Unique! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a lovely weekend hun!
    Hugs,
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is drool-worthy!!! How lucky you are to be surrounded by so many treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love your home, is a museum, congratulations is wonderful your blog. kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    I wanted to tell you that I thought of you the other day. I was in Burlington Coat store and was looking at the Christmas decorations. They have a whole collection of very pretty white, lavendar and pink christmas things including gingerbread men and aceesories for the Kitchen.They all have the frosted finish to them too. When I saw them, I thought of you and your pretty Kitchen. I don't know if you have a Burlington Coat by you...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!
    It gives me such fun ideas! I love to see what new things you have added.
    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and wintery! Here from TTT at Yvonne's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bellissima atmosfera romantica e incantata!
    Ciao dall'Italia
    Bellalullo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I really enjoyed the tour of your beautiful things. Love the houses...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  14. A magical sparkly wonderland! Wow!

    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!