Blog Archive

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Ballet Themed Christmas Bedroom



I added some Christmas touches to the bedroom that we "loosely" call Kyleigh's bedroom.     Her clothes are in the closet .....also her toys.......but she still sleeps in Gram's bed the 2-3 nights a week that she's here!


We hung her collection of ballet Christmas stockings on the mantel.     


A Merry Christmas sign was hung over the existing picture above the mantel......


Do we consider ballet rabbits Christmas decor......sure we do!


Ky is growing up so fast....she'll be 11 in January.     Our daughter just did a complete makeover in her bedroom at her house giving it a more grown up pre teen look.    I guess I'll have to do the same thing here soon....sad face!    She isn't interested in ballet anymore.....volleyball is her thing now.    I don't want to do a volleyball themed bedroom here,   so we'll have to meet somewhere in the middle...lol!


There is a comfy chair on one side of the bed.....


Her vintage dolls are in the matching chair on the other side of the bed.


Her dresser sits on the wall across from the end of the bed.


We added a couple of Santa's to the existing decor on her dresser.
 

Watch for big changes to this room soon!




10 comments:

  1. The ballet theme is very romantic. I especially love the adorable stockings
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I love the art work. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    My great niece Kaitlin would lOVE this bedroom! She just danced in The Nutcracker performance at her Dance School! She is 12yearsold....I am sure your grand daughter loves coming to stay with you and sleep in this room!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty room for a little girl. I am sure she LOVES coming to your home no matter where she sleeps.
    Have a great weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is all I can say. The Ingenuity of the rabbit is just beautiful. I would love to stay in this room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is the stained glass girl I love, in the window!! You gotta will it to me! LOL I love yoiur decor! So adorable and stylish! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a very similar ceramic cat in our house. As a matter of fact we had several ceramic animals when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charming room - I bet she loves to come and visit and remember when she was little and loved ballet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely bedroom! Decorating like Victorians is a lovely idea, and since I'm a crafty person, I might just try something similar in the future! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a soft spot in my heart for ballet themes and your room is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!