Blog Archive

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Week End Treasure Hunt

 

I found some pretty neat stuff on my treasure hunt this week


I have always admired silver turkey platters with a dome lid in the antique stores,   but they are always so pricey I never dreamed that I would ever find one in my price range!     


I spotted this one at an estate sale Friday


It was love at first sight....... 


They are often called meat platters with a cloche too


Well,   it was in my price range and it came home with me!


H walked into the kitchen while I was photographing my treasures and seemed surprised to see a chair on the island!    I thought he knew me better than that....lol!       After being married to me so long,   nothing I do should surprise him!
 

This hand painted folding chair caught my eye.......


I need another chair like I need a hole in the head,    but who could resist this?     


I found these gold chargers at the same estate sale as the turkey platter.


All 8 of them had my first and last initial on them......Penny Phillips!      They were $1 each and I bought all they had!


This gorgeous plate was at the same sale that I found my chair at.


H found a Texan nut sheller at the same sale.     We have a big pecan tree in the back yard and he had been looking for a sheller and was glad to find one.


Where did you find all the flowers.......... you ask!    


I didn't find them at a yard sale......I got them for Mothers Day! 

 I've been enjoying them all week on the pass thru and I wanted to share them with everyone!


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day........


And I hope you found some of the treasure you have been looking for over the week end!
 

I need to get that chair off the island.......where can I put it!!!!!








16 comments:

  1. Fabulous finds Beautiful chair I wouldn't have passed by it either it would of came home with me the turkey platter is awesome .So happy you have a awesome weekend you are blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the turkey platter!!! I was thrilled last time I was at the local flea, to find an 1892 bridal basket with the names of the bride and groom for 3.00!!! I love silver plate and it is not as pricey as decades past. Love seeing your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely finds! I like very much the silver plates
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful and that chair is divine Penny. Great find !

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky you a turkey platter and silver chargers

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could place the chair at my house!!! I love all your treasures! Lucky bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely treasures, Penny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun stuff Penny....what's the chance of ever seeing a rose Stag plate again---great grabs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always find thee greatest treasures!! Would love to find a turkey platter at that price...have been looking for one also!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty collection of finds! Patience definitely paid off for you in waiting to find that platter in your price range. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Penny, I should go to the vintage market with you. You have such great eyes for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to go garage and estate shopping with you. You find the most amazing things. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch. I collect stray chairs too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dome lid is AMAZING!!! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny,
    LOVE that chair!! So pretty!!! and the plate and chargers are just perfect!!
    You always find the best things!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!