Blog Archive

Thursday, December 31, 2020

DIY Sofa Table



After Christmas it seems like I go into a construction mode and this year I decided that I wanted a table behind the sofa in the family room.     I have had several styles of sofa tables over the years,  but they have all disappeared for some reason....kids and grands needing them for their new apartments.....lol!


I Googled sofa tables and found a very simple tutorial for one on Hometalk and you'll find a link to their page at the end of my post.


I really liked the natural wood look so I decided not to paint or stain my sofa table



The sofa table gave me the option of adding little vignettes to the existing pictures above the sofa.  





H used 2 x 12 to construct my sofa table,   but you could use andy size material that works for your area.    Here's a link to the simple tutorial that Hometalk provides.........https://www.hometalk.com/1897089/simple-diy-sofa-table-tutorial


I think next year I should dig out my lit Christmas houses and display them on my sofa table....don't you?    But for now,   I'm thinking ahead to spring,  Easter,  summer, and fall.    How will I decorate my sofa table .......my head is full of idea's! 





 

14 comments:

  1. I love it Penny, it fits perfectly and looks great! Have a fun New Years Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years Penny! I can't wait to see what you do with the sofa table next, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, your Christmas village would look great on there next year. What a fun project and nice addition to your living room. Thanks for sharing with us at Encouraging hearts and home. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! May 2021 being us Good Health, much needed Wealth and the Wisdom to achieve them

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table looks great in your room. I'm looking forward to seeing the vignettes you'll create. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really pretty! Such a fun place to decorate. This would be perfect in my family room. Thanks for sharing it at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    I love sofa tables and yours is a beauty. Congratulations, you are being featured at Thursday Favorite Things. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2021/01/thursday-favorite-things.html I hope you stop by.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny your room is absolutely beautiful! I love the addition of your sofa table! Thank you for sharing with us at the TFT party! I'm featuring you this week!
    Happy New Year, Penny!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny, I've featured your pretty sofa table at the TFT party. Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your sofa table at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sofa table came out lovely and who doesn't need more space for displays? Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!