Blog Archive

Monday, November 1, 2021

Rearranging Bedroom Furniture for a Fresh Christmas Look & New Bedding


I wanted to give the master bedroom a fresh look for Christmas this year,,,,,,but the problem was.....I'm pretty much locked into the currant furniture arrangement.    I don't want to move the fireplace and put the bed there and that's the only wall big enough to hold the bed.   So,   I decided to swap some furniture from  a guest bedroom to the master bedroom.



I moved the big armoire in the master bedroom to the guest bedroom and put it on the wall that the piece of furniture you see in the after picture was on.    I moved the side table in the before pic to the other side of the bed and THAT move gave me room to put a skinny tree in the corner.


The other side of the bed had room for a tree as you can see in the before photo.      I've always felt it looked a little cluttered on this side of the bed because it took so many pieces to fill in the wall space.

 
Now,  there is just one big piece of furniture on the wall and I like it much better this way.    I designed this piece to look similar to the one on the other side.....which I also designed several years ago using odd's and end pieces that I had on hand.


I wish I had taken a pic of the pieces before H put them together,  but of course I got in a hurry (like I always do)  and didn't.  

The first thing H attached to the wall was an empty screen that was left over from another project..
 

Years ago I bought 3 empty screens at a yard sale.    I used 2 of them to make doors into the formal dining room and the third one has been in a corner of the garage....until now!


Next,   I needed a long narrow mirror similar to the one in the piece I created on the other side of the bed.   I just happen to have one that I seldom used on the back of the door in the hall bath.    H centerd it in the screen and screwed it to the wall.


And you saw this side table on the other side of the bed before and the shelf was hanging on the wall on this side of the bed before.     Have I lost you yet .....lol!


Here's the new bedding I plan to use in the Christmas master bedroom.   

 The coverlet with the ruffle is a piece that I already had on hand......



So,   with what I already had on hand and what I bargain shopped for the new Christmas bedding was pretty economical     And of course I will use the new comforter and sheets year round.


I love the fresh look in the master bedroom and can't wait to decorate it for Christmas 2021!   See you guys in a few days with the reveal! 



 

8 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful price for the 7pc. set. Where did you find the UGG sheets? It will be beautiful, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I would love to know where you found the sheet set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning,
    Oh my, every time I see your chandeliers they make me want to have every light in my house a beautiful chandelier. I have located and own 2 now since seeing yours. They are real crystal like yours. I didn't know the crystal comes in colors also.
    Your bedroom is elegant and such a nice retreat. Thanks for sharing all your ideas and very hard work. I love how you appreciate the craftmanship of the past by using linens that others have created. It is wonderful you mix vintage with the present and appreciate both eras. Love, love your posts. Thanks. Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute look. Love that side table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference the "new" furniture made in your bedroom! I will be back to see how it looks decorated for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing it all decorated!! You always amaze me how you move things from room to room!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!