Blog Archive

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Watermelon Decor for the 4th of July


The 4th of July will be here in soon,    so I've started getting the front porch ready for a celebration with family and friends.       


Today,   I decorated what I like to call the "entry on the front porch"


I'm serving watermelon in several different ways on the 4th,   Mojito's......grilled....salsa on the street taco's.......so,  I thought I would use watermelons in my decor on the porch.


I made a watermelon banner using some of the prints I have on my Pinterest board.      In the center of the banner,    I have a Farmers Market sign.     


On each side of the Farmers Market sign,    I have watermelon slices.


Here's the link to my board if you would like to make a watermelon banner .......https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/print-it/banners/


I repurposed my metal chargers and used them as "frames" 
 

This project was so easy.     I just printed off  Farmers Market signs and attached them to my metal charger frame with a magnet.


You can find the signs here.........https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/print-it/


Then I moved on to the wreath on the front door.


I added a string of watermelons to the existing Peony wreath.


I've had my string of watermelons so long that I don't remember where I even found them.


Probably at a yard sale!


There is plenty of seating for guests on the porch.     Two rockers,   a wicker sofa,  and two chaise lounges.....plus all the seating at the farm table.    


The flag picture above the sofa is a permanent fixture on the porch.    I know it's been hanging there a couple of years....maybe more.      Our winters are mild and it's protected under the porch,   so I can leave it up year round.


I created my flag using pastel floral fabric and lace stripes.


I still need to decorate the fireplace mantel and the farm table for the 4th.


Thank you so much for stopping by..........come back soon!


11 comments:

  1. I love your shabby chic flag! You have such pretty things and you're a fantastic decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, you always have the best decor for whatever holiday we are facing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the best decors!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and very fitting. The little pickup truck with the melon caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love that watermelon banner! Thanks for sharing your decor with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from This Autoimmune Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    I am amazed at what you did to the metal chargers!! I could not wait to scroll down to see where you bought them and then I read that you printed them and then attached them with a magnet!! GENUIS!!!! What a fantastic idea!! Now ...where did you get those metal chargers???????
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I bought them at Hobby Lobby maybe a year ago. I'm going to get by and play catch up on your posts as soon as I can catch my breath! hugs.....

      Delete
  7. My favorite is the little black truck with the small watermelon. So adorable. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a pretty and welcoming style. Your porch is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday, Penny. Thank you for always making Pink Saturdays even more special.

    I love your watermelon decor theme, and so did everyone else. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Watermelon Porch is so gorgeous that I pinned it. Pink is a heartwarming color and I thank you for the treat. Visiting you at Make it Pretty Monday where I shared Vegan Coleslaw Quick Healthy Tasty. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!