Blog Archive

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Patriotic Back Porch


Memorial Day week end is just around the corner.....   
 This late May holiday is more than just the unofficial start of summer.    It's a time to honor those who gave their lives to protect and serve our country.


Years ago Memorial Day was called Decoration Day.     We have a family tradition of going to the grave yard to decorate the graves of our family members.    We normally do this Saturday morning so the graves will be decorated all Memorial Day Weekend.


As part of our Memorial Day festivities,    we have  a family back yard cook out


I don't put out as many Patriotic decorations as I do for the 4th of July 
 

I keep the Patriotic  decor low key on Memorial Day week end by just adding a few things to the existing decor on the back porch.  I added a  framed garden flag over the fireplace......some simple decor on the mantel.......a few Patriotic pillows ......


A red rose wreath on the fireplace screen and a simple centerpiece on the coffee table.  
 
 




I don't often share the little area that is at the end of the back porch.....


This is our favorite place to lounge with a cup of coffee in the morning....
  
 

Thank you so much for stopping by to see my Patriotic Back Porch...... come back soon....you're always welcome!
 

5 comments:

  1. Your patriotic Cockadoodledoo rooster made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get inspiration from your blog. Love your Patriotic back porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, your back porch is lovely. The rooster and the framed garden flag look fabulous. Wishing you a happy Memorial Day weekend. i am happy to feature your lovely porch at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your back porch is always amazing, Penny. Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your back porch Penny. I really do need for you to come and give my yard a touch of your perfection!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!