Blog Archive

Monday, February 4, 2013

Love is in the Air....Valentine Home Tour

Love is in the air at Penny's Vintage Home!  I have my Valentine decorations up and thought I would share our home with my blogging friends!  If you haven't decorated yet, maybe you'll find some inspiration!
I'll start the Valentine Home Tour in the entryway.  I used a french drying rack to make this Valentine tree...
This cupboard is also in the entryway...full of Valentine Vignettes...

On the last wall of the entry way is our newly painted harp table with a sweet valentine tree on it and a display of vintage valentines that belonged to my mother and grandmother...
I decorated the fireplace in the family room and also the coffee table...

Vintage Valentine chenille bedspread in our bedroom....

and a Valentine tree...made from vintage wedding gowns!

I enjoyed doing some Valentine tablescapes....
I like to use pink for Valentines day!.
I decorated the buffet and chairs also!
I used vintage Valentines as a table runner for this tablescape...and clipped a few on a bare lamp shade!

I hung several Valentines wreaths around the house...this one is in my inspiration room...,

 in the kitchen....

 over the fireplace...

 in our bedroom...

and this one (my favorite) is in the dining room.   All of the above wreaths were made by me!  I LOVE making wreaths and have one in every room!  I hope you enjoyed our home tour!   I have posts with lots more pictures of each room if you would like to grab a cup of coffee and continue the tour!


Happy Valentines Day!


http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/2013/02/transformation-thursday-no-190.html
http://www.craftberrybush.com/2013/02/the-inspiration-gallery-linky-party-22.html
http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013/02/fabulously-creative-friday-linky-party.html
http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/02/what-to-do-weekends-5.html
http://whipperberry.com/2013/02/friday-flair-link-party-glitter-heart.html#wrap
http://littleinspiration.com/2013/02/create-inspire-party-108.html
http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/pinning-on-pinterest-party-is-live.html


My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaPJH Designs

TheRusticPigPhotobucketPhotobucket

Home Stories A2Z


a to zebrahomework RomanceOnADime.comA Diamond in the StuffInside BruCrew LifeCrafty ConfessionsHouse on the WayThe DIY DreamerTuesday Talent Show Link Party at Chef in Training! It is held weekly and has some amazing link ups!


http://www.thethriftyhome.comCenterpiece Wednesdays ButtonFull Circle CreationsJoin the fun here each Wednesday!Adorned From AboveFaith, Grace, and CraftsSemi Homemade Mom

{Primp}Lil\'LunaLavender Garden CottageSNAP!Ivy and ElephantsPhotobucket


Mom On Timeout
52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FenceThe 36th AVENUESomewhat SimpleThursday Favorite Thingslivelaughlinky 250x250the artsygirl connectionbutton


HookingupwithHoHPhotobucketConsider Me InspiredMade in a Day

Photobucket
The Thrifty Groove


Happy Hour Projects

Craft Junkie Toocraftionary

Liz Marie BlogbuttonChic on a Shoestring DecoratingWait Til Your Father Gets Home

Happy Go Lucky
504 MainLadybird LnThe Shabby Nest


PIN MEmeShaken TogetherWeekend Bloggy Reading
Dear Creatives
_
Creations by Kara
Truly Lovely
Create & Inspire Linky Party

Create & Inspire Linky Party
SixSistersStuff.com
Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialOr so she saysYour Homebased MomIt's OverflowingBoogieboard CottageManic MotherJoin me each Sunday for my weekly partyLife on Lakeshore DriveI Heart Nap TimeOne More Time EventsDIY Show OffMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #61Sumo's Sweet StuffThe Chicken ChickUndertheTableandDreamingMixitupMod Vintage LifeToday's Creative BlogPolkadot Pretties






60 comments:

  1. Oh My Penny,you must have spent a month doing all this beautiful Valentine decor. I love the pink glass and the last wreath,You must have so much energy.Well done you have a beautiful home. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet and pretty-beautifully decorated for the holiday
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are all set!! Love your decorating style!! so pretty..
    xoxo Marisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are using those vintage treasures that, so often, are hidden away where few can appreciate them. I love the fan-shaped display of your old cards. May I ask where you found the piece that holds them? Your valentines look so wonderful there and I'd love to find a holder like that. Of course I love your pink table and your depression glass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have create a Valentine fantasy. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your Valentine decorations - they are beautiful!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Penny! Pretty , pretty , pretty! Every photo was so lovely. Your favorite wreath is my fave, too. How do I continue the tour? Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so evident that you put so much love, effort and detail into your decorating. I like that about you. Also, I love your fireplace columns.

    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,
    Your home is just dripping with Valentine lusciousness! I think that is a word!! LOL!!

    Beautiful!
    Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes and yes, I am very lucky to still be cancer free.
    Wish your little grand daughter a Happy birthday from me!! My nephew's wife and a girl I work night shift with alos have the same birthday as mine!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny everything is so beautiful thank you for sharing.........Love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Penny, i always find inspirations in your gorgeous home!!!Your decors are simply wonderful!!!I love everything...i can't say which is better...you are great!!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny,love all that you do.I put my pink glass ware and other things on my dining room table it is very pretty thanks to you.I find inspirations from you !!!! I love to visit with you in your home.looking forward to what you do next.
    Hugs,Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Penny. Everything is soooo beautiful. Your home is so well done. I also love that heart wreath. Have plans for something like that in the near future. I would love to decorate with you, but I have 12 rescued cats and I know that they would love all the doilies and feathers and lace too. So, I'll just come to your blog when I want to see something so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking....you Valentine Decor is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your home
    lori v

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many pretty valentine vignettes. I love the pink ribbon garland on the hutch and the dried rose heart wreath is my favorite too. I'm visiting from Time Travel Thursday.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a gorgeous idea making special days looks special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, Valentines Day is celebrated so sweetly in your lovely home. The mantel is beautiful.
    xo,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. I can see how much love you put into making your surrounds beautiful. I imagine it must feel like a giant hug just to be in your house! Beautiful.
    www.decoratevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really are right. Love is in the Air.

    happy TS,
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  20. The wedding gown tree is awesome. You are all ready for Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the armoire piece in the foyer. The last wreath is my favorite, but they are all lovely.
    Lovely pink dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel like I just fell into a lucious pile of pink!!! HOW GORGEOUS!!! That final wreath is my favorite too, those dried roses are stunning, but your table set with those pink dishes and the whole fireplace...those white frames are great...and the pink lightbulb! how cool! The best...the wedding dress 'tree' all decked out~!!! PERFECT for Valentine's Day! Lovely lovely!! Thank you so much for coming by my party!!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh the flowers and pinks and frills and lace...a romantic's dream come true! Happy Valentine's Day to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like Valentine Central at your place. Love the last wreath you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, how wonderful! I love your harp table with the Valentine tree -- so pretty! Thanks for sharing your inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. There are so many lovely things to look at. I love your collection of vintage Valentine's Day cards and the chenille bedspread.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Penny
    This is amazing!!
    In New Zealand we don't "dress" our houses for Valentine day/month - only at Christmas time!
    I can see it's a very special time for you.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have the most beautiful home...perfect for Valentine decorations! I always love seeing your special touches and the wreaths are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks, Penny, for stopping to see me and putting your gorgeous post on my blog! You are the best!! Have a good weekend. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  30. The wreath with the Christmas ball ornaments and the tablecloth with the strawberries were my faves. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  31. All of your wreaths at simply gorgeous! And that wedding dress tree is a stunner!! Thank you for sharing such prettiness with us at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Goregous home filed with so many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, Penny! Of all the bloggers out there, I think Valentine's Day and Pink Saturday are best suited to you! You really know how to deck those halls with boughs of love!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi! I love all the pink and white colors. Your Valentine Tree created from wedding dresses is wonderful. My favorite is your chenille heart bedspread. A perfect home tour and ready for Valentine's Day!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  35. Penny, every spot in your home is absolutely LOVE-ly! That bedspread is amazing! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Your give away should be arriving soon.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  36. Penny should charge admission to tour your lovely home. Simply gorgeous and I love your Valentine trees and all of your wreaths. Thanks so much for linking up this week at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  37. Penny that must have taken you days. It looks lovely and feminine. xo Thank you for sharing at the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi lovely lady
    I love how you decorated the fireplace in the family room and also the coffee table...You did a beautiful job putting this altogether, Penny I hope you have a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your home is amazing! Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time. Happy almost V day.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just lovely, Penny. Your home is a treat for the eyes, beauty in every corner. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your depression glass - pink is my absolute favorite! You wrote that you like to use pink for Valentine's Day - I have decided that you just like pink! Wow - it all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  42. My goodness, you do love Valentine's, and I can see why with so many beautiful things to show. You make up for me who doesn't have a single Valentine decorative piece!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, you certainly do have lots of Valentine inspiration to share with us. Love your little wheeled cart and setting. Your pink depression glass is wonderful, sure wish it was in my cabinet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your treasures.

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your whole home is so charming and so romantic....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  46. I could spend the entire day in your home looking at all the treasures. You did a great job on all the wreaths. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Penny I'm featuring you later tonight. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi, Penny, You WON one of the heart pillows from my giveaway on my blog! Congrats. Give me a shout out on my email linbouf (at) gmail dot com. I think this little pillow will fit right in with your beautiful decor. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your house looks beautiful!! Gorgeous decorations. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a very romantic filled home... just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful home you have ~ I loved the tour! My home is filled with Legos, dinosaurs, balls and video games ~ yours is like a fabulous magazine shoot.

    Thanks for linking up to Project Inspire{d} ~ I am so happy that you did!

    ~hugs, Mary Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow! love is definitely in the air at your house! What amazing Valentine's decor. A "wedding dress" tree! A V'tine bedspread, and oh, how I love your beautiful pink depression glass. Thank you for linking to the party at my place. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thanks for the tour and linking up to One More Time... you sure know how to put love in Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  54. You are so very creative~! Love the wedding gown tree, the romantic mantel and the roses everywhere - beautifully done! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  55. Penny, everything is so beautiful! My brother and his wife got my grandmother's harp table just yours. I love it. I love it white. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! So thrilled to have you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Penny, Just stopping to let you know you have been featured over at One More Time...http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/02/share-it-one-more-time-features-7-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  57. hi, i'm following the "clever chicks" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!