Blog Archive

Monday, March 11, 2013

Nature Themed Spring Mantle

This is our new spring mantle in the family room.  I went with a nature theme this year and used lots of natural elements.....with a little romance on the side!  


I added some gathered burlap to the existing ruffles..and made a burlap ruffled fireplace "screen"... 

On one side is a moss covered bunny, birdhouse, cabbage and moss covered ball...

On the other side is a matching floral design  with another moss covered bunny in a birdcage.

I tried to get a photo of the picture over the fireplace...after 20 tries, this is the best.  It's  a beautiful front porch..this picture hung in my office (I've been retired 5 years) and kept me calm when I looked  at it!  

Here's a vintage bunny and one of my mothers starched doiies that I am using for her Easter basket..

I sprayed a cardboard egg holder green and put a sweet little glittered bunny with a crown in it...

I just had to show you our new recliners that we bought last week...ours were completely worn out!  We got a leather one.... 

and one that swivels and rocks and is soooo comfly!!

I used the same theme for the coffee table...

I have a decorated grape vine wreath with a bird in a wire cloche in the center...

I had to take the cloche off to get a good picture of the sweet little bird...she is in a nest that fell out of one of the trees in the front yard.  We have lots of birds in our yard and the nests get blown out.

I have a fairy and some birds on the wreath...

moss, sticks from the yard, pussy willow, spring blossoms,  and some marble eggs...


On the left is our fireplace from last year and on the right is this years.  It's amazing how your style is ever changing!

http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net

http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com
http://www.lizmarieblog.com/2013/03/hop-to-it-linky-party/
http://diyshowoff.com/2013/03/12/spring-fairy-garden/
http://housewifehowtos.com/linkage/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-12-and-features/
http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/2013/03/transformation-thursday-no-195.html
http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013/03/fabulously-creative-friday.html
http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/2013/03/all-things-spring-its-a-spring-thing-party-has-started.html
thurCozyLittleHousebadge150xPJH DesignsTheRusticPigMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Creative Cain Cabin
Skip To My LouPhotobucketPhotobucketHome Stories A2ZTuesday To Do PartyMary Beth's Button
homeworkA Diamond in the Stuff


House on the Way
Vintage On A Dime
RomanceOnADime.comLil\'Luna

{Primp}
Ivy and Elephants
 http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/03/wow-us-wednesdays-110.html
Lavender Garden CottageAdorned From Aboveblog buttons-003
_
Centerpiece Wednesdays ButtonWednesday Whatsits ButtonRose Chintz Cottagethe artsygirl connectionFaith, Grace, and CraftsMom On TimeoutBeyond The Picket Fence


PhotobucketPhotobucketbuttonThursday Favorite Things



Keep CalmChic on a Shoestring DecoratingLadybird Ln

21 comments:

  1. Hi penny, I just love your natural easter theme in your family room, just beautiful, I love your mantle ruffle scarf....
    It all look so pretty, romantic and fresh ;)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, everything looks so sweet.... you can tell you have lots of fun decorating! That is some fireplace with those grand columns and your mantle looks great with the natural elements.

    Enjoy your Day~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    I knew when I seen the thumbnail at the party (The Scoop) that it had to be your mantle. You always do the most gorgeous mantles! As usual, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful, dear Penny! Your mantel is fabulous, so sweet and romantic..I love all the pink for spring. Have a great week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Penny what a beautiful sight, you sure can decorate. Love the romantic feel it all has. Thanks for sharing at the Cabin this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, Scarlet O'Hara would have killed for that Mantel! Looks just as pretty as You are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a feminine mantle! I love the picture over the mantle as well as that beautiful candleabra on your wall and your birdcages!! Thanks for sharing this! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Just love the natural feel of the mantel. This is gonna be my inspiration for spring. The mantel post has gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so envious of your mantel. You are into Spring now while me & Sweden, are still struggling Mr. Winter. We still have about -16 degrees (not F) below zero.

    So sweet and romantic.

    Happy TTT,
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny,
    Just beautiful!! You know how I adore your fire places.....

    Your new recliners look very comfy..... As I have mentioned before , I love what you are doing with your mother's doilies.....

    There was a sign of Spring here for 2 days with temps. in the 50's but now they will drop into the 20's and 30's again for the weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Penny,
    I love your moss bunnies. They are so cute and everything looks like Spring has come to your home. Thank you for sharing at my HOME and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Penny!!
    Oh how I love those RUFFLES!!! What an amazing fireplace and mantle!! The Iris really are gorgeous, and those columns are beautiful. I think I'd have to redress my mantle for the seasons much more often if it looked as beautiful as yours does!!! I'm so excited you shared it with us for Pearls and Lace Thursday!!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fireplace, and love the columns at the sides!.. Your mantle looks so sweet, all dressed up for Easter, and I will have to make up a little egg carton of my own just as soon as I can! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Penny, your room looks so girly yet so comfortable! I know you enjoy sitting in there. Spring has arrived at your home!

    Peace,
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's amazing and feminine. I look the look now and the look from before too!

    I'm visiting today from Thursday's Favorite Things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. magical.Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo P.S congrats on the new chairs very cozy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post just put me right in the mood for decorating for Easter. Absolutely gorgeous.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful as always Penny. I love the nest and bids and the burlap ruffles. Thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday this week.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to be featuring you again this week Penny.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Penny, this definitely represents all the beauty of spring! Love the photo above the mantel - it would be soothing to look at during the work week! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgeous!
    Ahhhh!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!