Blog Archive

Friday, September 12, 2014

Let's Make Some Owl Nests

I have been seeing some gorgeous nests in the stores and thought I would try my hand at making some.
I saw my boot cuffs laying in the drawer a few days ago and thought "those look like owl nests to me".......what can I fill them with to make a nest?    Well,   these yarn scarves came to mind......
So,   I stuffed them in my boot cuffs.....
I had picked up some of these cute roses in the Christmas ornament section at HL,  so,  I clipped them to the nest.  (they come with clips on convenient!)
My little black owl came from the Dollar Store....
My nests can also be used as a bird nest ......
Or they can be mixed in with some "mink" pumpkins....I don't like them there..... everything blends right in.
Or,  I can dump the yarn out  and put "um back on my boots".   Is that multi purposing or

Enjoy your week end!


  1. Cute, cute. cute. Looks like a fancy owl's nest to me! xo Diana

  2. Penny, you are so creative! I love your nests, they are so pretty!

  3. I don't think I've seen such adorable owl's nests anywhere. Thanks for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

  4. Now that's what I call multi-purposing!!! :) You're right!!

  5. It is a delightful repurposing, Penny. The owl nests are quite fabulous. I would like to invite you to link up this post to Make It Monday -

  6. Owl creative! Thanks for linking up to Make It Monday. It was good to see you back for our second week!

  7. Really cute!! I finally started my Fall decorating.... Did the front porch yesterday but still have some finishing touches to do on it. I am so excited about Fall/Halloween decorating because i missed it last year because of The Remodel. I did buy new things on Clearance last year and I forgot what I had so it is like Christmas opening up those tubs and boxes to see what goodies I have to decorate with!!


  8. Very nice! Great way to upcycle too!

  9. So cute. I think I need to get a closer look at those mink pumpkins though! Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week :)

  10. What a creative idea! I love it-and the 'mink' pumpkins are darling!

  11. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful project on The Inspiration Board at homework. I loved your project and featured you today!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    carolyn ~ homework

  12. You are so creative Penny! I really like the one with the bird in it, so cute!

  13. Well I'm officially in love with your blog!! haahha


  14. These are so charming, Penny! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,


It makes my day to hear from my friends!