Blog Archive

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Fall Tablescape on a Budget


I found some gorgeous hand painted plates at a yard sale Saturday and couldn't wait to create a tablescape with them.


I included a turkey in my tablescape just for fun,      By removing the turkey,  I would have a pretty fall talbescape.       Remove the white pumpkins and my tablescape would be perfect for any occasion.  

 I have the table set for 6 in this photo .......and below 


I have the table set for 4.    


I used plaid place mats to set my pretty plates on........


I visited with the lady having the yard sale.......she was the daughter of the sweet lady that hand painted all the gorgeous plates.


She did such pretty work......I was honored to be able to purchase her plates.


I bought all of the dishes she had in "my colors"  but she had lots more in other soft colors.


So pretty.......


I am still using the existing mirror and tiered stand as the centerpiece......


This is how it looked last week.....


As you can see,  it's the fifth time I've altered the existing centerpiece.


I took some close ups of the centerpiece......






I used the same pastel color of pumpkins that are on the mantle.......


So,  here is my table set for 6...............


And for 4......

You can get a sneak peek of one of my Christmas projects on the pass thru from the kitchen to the family dining room.     I'm in the process of  remodeling a little house that I made for my mother many years ago to use in one of the vignettes I have in mind for Christmas.  


Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!

16 comments:

  1. Those plates are GORGEOUS, Penny. They are even more special when you realize that someone hand painted them and they weren't just machine produced. Looks like you got a buy on them, too. Your table is full of lovelies. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- she is/was? a remarkable painter - I cannot for the life of me imagine having a talent like that. It all looks SO perfect on your beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS

      Penny, I need to ask you a quick question and can't find your email on your blog. Will you please write me so I can ask you something? Thank you. Hugs. ♥

      Delete
  3. simply stunning while autumn to me is very colorful I love your play on color being very pale and light. Beautiful tablescape
    come see what we shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those plates are a treasure. Sometimes I purchase handmade or art items just because someone needs to acknowledge all the work and skill that goes into such treasures. Beautiful. I think I would use a clear plate over them, just to preserve their stunning beauty. Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This plates are really pretty. Love the soft pastels. I also love looking at all the nooks and cranny's of your tablescapes for all the less obvious items like the beads and antlers. Great combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's an impressive tablescape!

    Chrisitna
    www.ourwoodhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny!
    Those plates are to die for!! so pretty!! Looking forward to seeing your Christmas project!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tablescape is gorgeous and very elegant. Very well displayed everything as usual
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, everything looks so pretty!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table setting is just beautiful. Love those hand painted dishes and what an amazing price! I have the exact same pink canister/cookie jar that you have in the center of the table. I was so excited to get it at an estate sale very cheap. I got a big box of vintage items that included a lot of dishes for ten dollars so if I break it down individually it was probably about one dollar. A great deal. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those plates are just beautiful! The pumpkins are so pretty, did you paint them or did you actually find pink pumpkins? thank you so much for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny,
    The hand painted plates were a great find and go so well with your style. They will look pretty all during the year for other special occasions like Mother's Day. Thank you for sharing at Monday Social.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny, the plates are a fabulous find! It's hard for me to imagine her parting with something painted by her mother. Lucky for you she did! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful table, as always, Penny. I'm in love with your "new" hand-painted dishware; it's absolutely stunning. I love getting the back-story on things that I buy at sales. I'm sure you blessed the seller with the knowledge that her mother's artwork would be someone's prized possession :) Thanks so much for being a faithful party-er and for linking up your posts last week--

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really should be a wedding decorator...

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!