Blog Archive

Monday, October 10, 2016

Halloween Kitchen



My Halloween spider dishes are doing double duty .......I used them in a tablescape a few days ago and now I am using them in vignettes on the kitchen counters.


Are you ready for a tour around the kitchen......lets go!


This Halloween vignette is a marriage of 4 vintage sewing machine drawers....can you spot them?


Further down the counter is another Halloween vignette......


Skip across the range  (that has become a landing spot for white owls....lol)   and you'll see some more of the plates that were part of a tablescape a few days ago.


Here's a closer look.....


Moving on down the counter you'll find a .....


Silver tea pot witch and some black and pink plaid pumpkins.


This is the last kitchen counter decorated for Halloween.


I added two floral Halloweenish pillows to the bench that we use to sit up to the Hossier counter.


If you want to see more details on how I used the plates in my tablescape,  click over to that post.......

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2016/10/fall-to-halloween-tablescape.html


Fall kitchen..........................................................Halloween kitchn


When I pack up the Halloween decor,   I will leave the counters clutter free until after Thanksgiving so we have plenty of room to cook.    

Then I get to  decorate the kitchen for Christmas!



Please visit my side bar to see "Where I Party"  and stop by and visit a few of these great blogs!







11 comments:

  1. Absolutely eye-filling and sumptuous, as usual. What is the delicious shade of pink on those two small stools?

    And Machine Drawers!! I have such a sweet spot in my heart for sewing machine drawers, for those were the repository for treats for visiting grandchildren all during my Mammaw's life. She had an old foot-treadle Singer (ours now) in that sort of textured stripey wood, and each of my children had a designated drawer. They looked forward to peeking in (I suppose Peeking is too mild a word for two little boys who ran to the bedroom to snatch open "their" drawers for the treat, and a more subdued little girl who liked to savor the moment).

    And sometimes, she didn't even have time to greet us at the door, for she was in there distributing a couple of little cars and a tiny doll, or two Hershey's kisses each, a couple of nickels, or even a handful of M&M's scattered in the bottom, so there would never fail to be a "happy" for them as they arrived.

    I can just feel the hand-hold of that flappy little swing-out drawer, and smell the long years of thread and chalk and old pins, interlaced with the scent of chocolate or Doublemint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun here Penny, I do love your plates. I'm trying to cut my dishes down...so I'm having to enjoy plates on blogs now, lol. Love the table setting, if I didn't say before, Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    Love all the black touches that you added to the Kitchen for Halloween. Love the plates and the black plaid pumpkins are adorable. Did you make them?
    so sweet!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, you found the perfect details to add to your kitchen for Halloween. Love the plaid pumpkins. Did you make these? Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the things I like about you, Penny, is how much fun you have with all your things. You are always moving and rearranging and I can tell how much joy it gives you---and thus, brings joy to us, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your pink and black plaid pumpkins. They are darling. I'm putting that in the back of my mind for next year. I love the spider plates here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plaid pumpkins and the rose colored velvet pumpkin. The owls are adorable and well, everything is very cute as always. I could go through your pics again and again and I will as I find so many cute things I missed the first time. Love all your posts and could look at them every day if possible. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never fail us with your awesome pictures. It should defiantly be in magazines. Please come over again and share on our blog hop.https://www.floydfamilyhomestead.com/2016/10/12/the-homesteader-hop-24/

    ReplyDelete
  9. There' s a lot of fun in your cozy kitchen. I love black and pink
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...I love all the details! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen is so festive -- love it! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!