Blog Archive

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Duck Duck Goose


I created a vignette this morning with the last of the 4  prints that H gave me for Christmas.  

     I couldn't decide if she is a duck or a goose.     I did a little research and decided since her nostrils are closer to the top of her beak,   she is a duck.   Geese have nostrils closer to the end of their beak.    Geese honk and ducks quack,   but since he has been quiet as a church mouse,  I have to rely on the beak info...lol!


My Farmhouse vignette is on the pass thru between the kitchen and the family living/dining room    Needless to say,   with all the clutter on the pass thru it is almost impossible to pass anything from the kitchen to the family room...lol!

I have my new sink cover sitting on the pass thru today.    It's here a lot of the time since the sink is pretty much in constant use,   but it sure comes in handy if company drops by.   I just set it over the sink to cover any dirty dishes that I haven't had time to put in the dishwasher yet!


I have my duck print propped up against a assemblage of vintage sewing machine drawers.   You can see the drawers better in photo from the other side ,   it's the last photo in the post.



I borrowed one of my repurposed cuckoo clocks that was hanging in the entry way and hung it on the side of the Hoosier.   I found a very rustic piece of twin footboard in my stash and hung it over the pass thru.

Since this is the last of my 4 Christmas prints,   I'll give you a link to the other ones in case you missed those posts....

.http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/01/farmhouse-style-kitchen.html

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/01/new-back-splash-sneak-peek.html

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/01/instant-counter-space-in-kitchen.html



This is what the pass thru looks like from the family dining room side.

 My sewing machine assemblage that I have the duck print propped up against on the other side of the pass thru  is composed of 5 vintage  drawers.....a stacked set it the center,   one on each side of the stack,  and one in the front that is a drawer converted to a light

Be back soon!    

17 comments:

  1. I love seeing your pretty kitchen. I like the trays your hubby made for over the stove and sink...so clever. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. I love it. Thanks for linking up to Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new look ~Mr. H. HAS GOOD TASTE~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sewing machine drawers are sooo handy AND cute. The duck print is perfect there! :) The sink cover is a GREAT idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the duck print and everything is so gorgeous as always Mrs. Penny, i love just to see what you will show me next in your beautiful home and decorating! elegant and beautiful as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is just beautiful! I can hardly wait to see what you post next! You have a beautiful mind to come up with these charming ideas. I love it all, especially your kitchen. You give me lots of wonderful ideas. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the duck print and everything is very pretty as usual
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny your duck print is fantastic! You always create such sweet vingettes! Thanks for sharing your posts with us this week for Brag About It!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute!! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well she is a cute duck. That's for sure!

    Stop by for a visit!
    Cottage Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. Love your home Penny :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, you are one of this weeks features this week on the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Duck or goose, it's darn cute! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty painting! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your duckie is adorable. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you put things together Penny. So many layers and things to see all beautifully combined to form a lovely picture. Your duck prints are really pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Penny,
    I can't beleive that I got so far behind on my viists!! I am playing catch up...I am at work now...
    I will be visiting all the posts that I missed so yes, I will be stalking your blog!! LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!