Blog Archive

Thursday, May 25, 2017

The Softer Side of Patriotic Decor


I am not a big fan of the bolder patriotic colors......the red white and blue looks out of place with my pastel decor.    So,  I decided to use a very pale red.....kinda pink,   hehee ......with a pale blue instead of navy and the traditional white!


I made a "flag style " flower wreath to hang on the side of the studio.    


Then,  I put baskets of flowers in the same colors below my wreath.


What are all those baskets in you ask!


They're in my big pink bath tub out in the back yard.


We haven't refreshed this area since we painted the brick on the studio white back in 2013.     We pretty much cleared everything out except the tub.    The photinia bushes that were growing against the wall were not in very good shape,  so H took them out.   


We had the tub in front of the headboard before and we decided to put the headboard behind the tub this time 


Here is the before that was taken in June of 2013 with the tub in front of the iron headboard.    


This is all we got done today,   but there is still lots more to do before this area is finished..

I want to add some things on each side of the wreath and fill in the flower beds.....add some seating......


I have two  pots of Geraniums on each side of the tub,    they may stay or not...lol!


Here is the flower bed just east of the one we worked on today.......


Here's a photo that shows more of the yard to the east of that area......


I want to wish everyone a blessed Memorial Day week end......

17 comments:

  1. The pink bath tub is stunning!!!!!!!!
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of headboards painted white. Anxious to try that in my yard!! Thanks for all your inspirations. So much enjoy your posts. Sure wish I had a studio like your!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy looking at your blog.. Am so thankful that my cousin Brenda Burk shared you with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful......looks like a real paradise. You are going to be enjoying it this holiday weekend. Love the tub!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink, white, and blue color palette is very pretty. It still looks like it would find in with Memorial Day and July 4, the patriotic holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    Your Patriotic decor is perfect for your soft style of decorating. The wreath is stunning!! Love the pink tub and as I always tell you, I am so envious of all the space that you get to play in outside. What an amazing outdoor area you have!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your patriotic wreath with a nod to the pastels that you love. Your outdoor space is lovely. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pastel patriotic decor and I love your flower beds. Lots of great inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a new goal of mine to add a bathtub planter to my yard now. SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I adore your pink tub! What a grand garden container. Thanks for sharing a What'd You Do This Weekend?

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party. I'm sharing on social media. Hope to see you at next week's linkup

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your outdoor space with all of the beds and that bath tub is adorable.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your patriotic, pastel decor is just lovely, Penny! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Vintage Charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Penny! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Farmhouse Friday link party! Pinned and shared! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how lovely! I adore the combination of colours you have used for this beautiful display. And that bathtub is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post with us at Hearth ahd Soul. I hope you had a lovely Memorial Day weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Penny, thanks so much for sharing at Gardens Galore! I love the pink bathtub, so fun and creative with the headboards! I know you are enjoying your beautiful space! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You wouldn't believe how many times I've been tempted to buy an old bathtub for just your purpose. The collection of headboards with it is terrific.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!