Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Yard Sale Chandy over the Farmhouse Table



H bought a gorgeous Chandelier  for $25 at a yard sale last summer and we have just now had a chance to hang it.
 
Why the delay in getting it hung?     The stuff to hang it with was missing when he bought it and he finally found what he needed to hang it a few days ago.  
 Also,   it is very heavy and he needed someone to help him hang it.      Our son in law was sweet enough to come over and help get it up this morning.. 


It found a home on the front porch over the Farmhouse table.  
That was also part of the delay in getting it hung......I couldn't find a place big enough for it.......lol!


Doesn't it look great!


Are you surprised that I didn't paint it white?


Before..............................................................................................After


I just couldn't bring myself to paint it......the original color is so pretty!


I used a recent yard sale purchase to make the centerpiece for the table........


I picked up this candle holder for $6........


I repurposed my candle holder by hot gluing clear votive candle holders in every other opening .  
 Instead of putting candles in my votives  ,   I filled them with water and fresh roses from the garden.


I made some other changes on the front porch today that I can't wait to share with you!









 



19 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Love the chandy and I am glad that you did not paint it because it is stunning as it is!!Beautiful!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I am curious,...do the items outside weather well and not get damaged?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, I live in Eastern New Mexico and we don't get a lot of rain here, but when it does.....I bring in all the fabric stuff and leave the rest out....hugs...

      Delete
  3. I was wondering the same as Rose. Your outdoor space is just beautiful, but happens when it rains? Or the weather turns ugly with summer storms for a few day? I would hate to think of all of that beauty in jeopardy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. The new chandelier is gorgeous! And yes, I was surprised that you didn't paint it. :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty, fancy chandy! I love it. WHAT???? You didn't paint it? Yet!!! I am betting you will. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Everything looks so lovely!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you painted it in white, it' s so pretty! Well done again
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I always love seeing your pictures. Everything always looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your front patio is so gorgeous, I love it:) I'm working on our chicken yard/rose garden...that's probably an oxymoron hehe...but I hope it turns out as beautiful and quaint as this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love yard sales here - you can find some really cool treasures! Thanks for sharing at the Pleasures of the NW's DIY Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty look over the farmhouse table. Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. You find great stuff! Thanks for sharing at To Grandmas House We Go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful chandelier and I love how you have used it outside !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That shandy is to die for! And the candle holder is awesome, love how you repurposed it! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should be a decorator! You have got talent! Thanks for linking to the Friday Frenzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Penny that was quite a find! I'm glad you didn't paint it, the color is so unique almost like a copper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! It adds a great touch to your farmhouse table!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at the Farmhouse Friday link party! Pinned and shared! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!