Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Christmas in July


July is almost over,    and I didn't want to let it go by without sharing the Christmas items I found at yard sales this month.


The Santa and sleigh caught my eye,   well  mostly the sleigh.     Santa will need a makeover if he stays,   a much paler shade of red....almost a pink...lol!


The sleigh will probably get painted white.     I snatched  him up when I saw he was only $5.   


This is one of the prettiest metal sleighs I've seen in a while.

This is the biggest ceramic tree that I've ever seen.     I bought a smaller white one last year for $4,   this one was only $3.   The birds that came with it are multi colored, so I will need to order in some clear ones.    


I would like to be able to use this wreath topiary year round,  so it will get a makeover in colors that go better with my decor.  I got it at Ky's 4th grade teacher's yard sale for $2.
 

I'm using Santa's sleigh as a book holder.


This Christmas book caught my eye.....it was published in the year that I first met H.     I picked up a whole stack of these books in a free pile,   the rest of them were gardening books from the mid 60's.


The plate holders on the hoosier aren't exactly Christmas.......


They are kinda Christmas since I can use them on buffet tables around the holidays.     They are headed out to the garage to get sprayed with a fresh coat of white paint.


I love to Christmas shop at yard sales in July.......everything is always so cheap.....people just want rid of it!



3 comments:

  1. I love Christmas!!
    Your treasures are great and your home...gorgeous!
    Love from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas in July. I can't wait to see Santa's makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    I just realized that I missed a few posts...
    What great finds!! LOVE the white tree!! So pretty!! And the plate holders are charming..
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!