Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Pony Buggy gets a Makeover using Crib Parts


H and I bought this pony buggy about 10 years ago in Pennsylvania .....somewhere in Amish country....I can't remember the name of the town.     We disassembled it and loaded it the utility trailer that you recently saw transformed into a She Shed.


Our pony buggy sits smack dab in the middle of the yard....near the road.     So,  it's the first thing you see when you pass our house.     


Before makeover..............................................................................After


I decided to use a crib that I bought for $7.50 at a yard sale a few weeks ago.


Here's how the crib looked when we brought it home in the back of the Yukon.


I've repurposed  every piece of the crib except the bottom half of the footboard.
H cut the top part of the headboard off and used it as the back rest for the buggy.


He cut the top part of the footboard off and screwed it to the front of the buggy.


The bottom half of the head board was used to hold the buggy shafts off the ground.


For the seat cushion,   I covered a well used (kinda flat) pillow with some Buffalo check fabric.


H screwed some ornamental iron to the sides of the back rest and I hung a lantern on each one.


I also hung a lantern on each side of the buggy shaft holder.


I used a hay bale to hold flowers to spruce up the back of the buggy a little more.


H tied an umbrella to her......and wa la....she's finished.


Now to use the side rails of the crib. 


I used one as a back for the existing bale of hay....then,  I added smaller hay bales on each side to hold flowers.


There is an oak tree on each side of the buggy,   so I did the same thing in front of the other tree.    H screwed some small pieces of ornamental metal on each end of the bed sides.

Before....................................................After


What about the spring,  you ask!    Well,  I made a shabby chic flag with it!


It's been too hot today to put the candles in the lanterns  (they'd melt for sure)   but the sun is starting to go down and it will cool off.
  I can't wait to see how she looks tonight  all lit up!





17 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Lovely!! It still amazes me how you can use so much fabric outside. But you say you don't get much rain....
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and H are an amazing duo!!! I love how the buggy turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the perfect creative team!! Love how your vision came to life! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great repurpose!! Love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing with The Gathering Place!!

    Heather
    OneHorseLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the buggy! precious! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instead of candles, I would suggest you use the outdoor solar lights in the lanterns! I think you can maybe cut a hole in the bottom and stick the post down the hole and then glue on a fancy piece on the bottom of the stake to make them look like a finial or something. I'm sure you will come up with something wonderful with a little thought. You are inspiring. I am always thinking you can't get much more decorated, but then there you go again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used every part of that crib! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all the creative things that you do. My husband was my "H" until Alzheimers took him down. There wasn't anything he could not do. I miss that companionship so much. Enjoy every day with your H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG :) These looks totally beautiful and creative...Wow i am totally in love with that crib

    http://www.simpleindianmom.in/boost-immune-system-naturally/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candles will melt for sure. What a darling wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Penny. Love what you have one with this.Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great makeover! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The buggy makeover is awesome! I absolutely love it. And the decor is the pièce de résistance! Gorgeous!!
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly got a lot of use from that crib. Nothing went to waste and it was all well used. The buggy looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your buggy and hay bench Penny!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your style! Thanks for joining the first ever Reader Tip Tuesday! I hope you join us at this week's party: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/08/reader-tip-tuesday-food-craft-party/
    Have a GREAT day...

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!