Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

New Life for a Dated Lamp Shade


While taking the photo's for the post I did on my Farmhouse fall wreath,   I found myself editing out the lamp that was hanging on the wall next to the wreath.    


Before................................................................After

I think the before and after photos speak for themselves....lol!


This was such an easy project....I don't know why I didn't do it before now!


I covered my ugly yellow shade with some pretty grey and white buffalo check fabric.     I also made a tablecloth with this fabric and covered some throw pillows too.  
   I have been using a lot of metal accessories in my fall decorating and I think this fabric goes well with them.    I purchased it at Hobby Lobby if you need some to go with your metal accessories too.


 I wanted to show a close up of how I hung the wreath on my shade.....just a small S shaped hook that I made from a piece of baling wire.
 Doesn't this lamp have one of the prettiest finials you've seen!


After I covered my shade,   I decided to add some bling to the bottom of the shade.


My bling is 3 little chandys that I found in the Christmas isle at Hobby Lobby.


While I was in the area,   I took time to clean and freshen up the shelves on the display unit under my lamp.


I am truly a "Junker at Heart".....


I used spray adhesive to attach the fabric to my shade,   so I can easily remove it.      Now I can change the look of my lamp shade to match a table cloth or seasonal decor!

16 comments:

  1. And your pictures make my day! I used to be able to decorate like you do but at my age but at 81 I'm best to keep things simple. I'm a fan of your pink shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you gave your lamp a new lease of life. Thanks for sharing at the blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grey fabric truly calms the eye and draws attention to that neat cotton boll wreath. You have many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a comfy looking living room; I love the pop of pink. Visiting from The Creative Circle-Nancy Jeannette from ladyandthehouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your lamp makeover! Thanks for sharing @ Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's gorgeous, it looks so great. I am loving the bling you gave it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    You have stolen my heart with your lamp shade makeover!! I ADORE it!!! And the addition of the little chandys is perfect!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buffalo check is so nice I love it. I had not considered it as a fabric for shabby chic feminine decor but it looks wonderful in your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your updated lampshade turned out to be a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was JUST looking at the lamp shade in my living room--it NEEDS a revamp! This is definitely doable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a gorgeous update I love your style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice with that buffalo check fabric - it really looks fantastic and complements the rest of your decor so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's quite an update Penny, great job! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story and we hope you will join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the grey cover that you put on the lampshade.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lamp turned out wonderful with the grey plaid but I am intrigued with the garland of lights over your window!! Thank you for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girl!
    Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love being able to revamp things to make them new again! You've made a beautiful job of this lovely lamp. Love the pretty crystals on the bottom. Thank you so much for sharing this inspiring post with us at the Hearth and Soul Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!