Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Rustic Coffee Table and Cow Hide Rug


I am in love with the Farmhouse.....Prairie Chic.....Rustic.....Romantic decor that I am seeing in the stores!


I live in the Southwest.....Eastern New Mexico to be more specific      So,   this type of decor is right up my alley.    The only thing is ......I like shabby chic,  romantic,  and farmhouse too,    I am trying to make all the different styles that I like so well work together.    


I wanted to share the progress that I've made in the family room.
    I replaced the pink area rug that  I had with a coffee table size cow skin rug.  
 I replaced  the white wicker coffee table with a rustic one that I found at a yard sale Saturday for $20.      I left the coffee table just like I bought it....even the color worked for me.    I love the wood slat top and ornate iron ends.


All H had to do to it was put in a few new bolts that were missing.


I drug out my boots that you've seen me use many times in vignettes ....added some bling and filled them with wheat.


Then,   H and I headed to the country to cut some wild field flowers for me to make a bouquet for my new coffee table.

To get our flowers home,   I just line a bucket with a black trash bag....fill the bag about half full of water,  and fill it up with flowers.
 

I don't know the name of my flowers,   may some of you might!


Here's a close up......


Here's how they look growing along side the road.


This is how a typical roadside looks in Eastern New Mexico.


Did you notice my cow pillow in the back ground?


Cows are a big part of the economy here in Eastern New Mexico.        We have one of the biggest cheese plants in the USA located here.   It processes about 220 truck loads of milk per day and employees about 400 people.


I spotted this little herd of cattle while we were out cutting flowers.    I got out of the car to get a closer photo,    Don't worry,  there is a fence between me and the cows.   


Isn't the white one pretty!


In the background of this photo you can see a large dairy.    I took the photo from a distance to try and get the whole dairy in the picture.    I managed to get about 2/3rd's of it in.    Our area is home to over 75 big dairies,   so you can see how cows are a big part of the economy here.   


H also cut me a big bag of this stuff       I don't know what the real name of it is,   but I've always called it wild sage.   I plan to make a wreath with it.


I hope to be back soon to share more progress in the family room!

16 comments:

  1. I love cows! Your cow pillow is so pretty! You are doing a really good job of mixing all of the styles we both like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks cute. But I like that your other design is more shabby chic country. It matches the cow pillow, but not the other (to me, just me) I say if you like that, that's what matters. I love seeing what you do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Its ok to mix and match style...I like the cowhide rug!
    I've wanted one in the worst way...but Hubby says it doesn't go.....
    Oh well...with a puppy, she'd probably chew it anyway....
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new coffee table! And the cow pillow is gorgeous.
    Love from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on the Homestead Hop. Love your new cowhide rug! I have one too and look forward to "mooving" it around to a new place! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your place always looks nicely arranged, not scrambled! You have a way with decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up and sharing this week at #BloggersPitStop. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    I think your decor is perfect for your area of the country!!! The photos you have shared of the countryside around you are charming but so different from where I live so I really enjoyed seeing them.......
    I am so looking forward to Fall because it is very humid here with dew points in the 70's which is considered oppressive!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stopped by from Beverly's Pink Saturday. What a lovely home setting you've created! So warm and inviting and still elegant and beautiful. Is the painting hanging in the window a Debbie Coules? Everything is charming - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like cows, the cow pillow, and the pictures of cows! Like your new coffee table, and love those boots with the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wildflower bouquet and your cow pillow! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up with us at #overthemoon link party and I love the Cow Cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really have succeeded in combining these gorgeous, eclectic styles! Your room looks beautiful and that cow skin rug is just amazing. Thank you so much for sharing this great inspiration, and for being a part of The Hearth and Soul Link Party. Hope you are having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your family room is coming together beautifully. Love the mix of styles. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good...
    Thanks for joining us at last week's Reader Tip Tuesday. I'm hoping you join us this week: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/29/reader-tip-tuesday-weeks-craft-recipe-party/

    We're open all week & growing. Hope you have a GREAT weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!