Blog Archive

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week End Treasure Hunt


Believe it or not,   I didn't go to even a single yard sale Saturday!     


I did run by the Vintage Market that Doris was hosting at Lavender and Rust.     I couldn't resist bringing home this old gas can that found a new life as a pumpkin head.     I have a link to some photos of the event....you can even see the pumpkin head I bought in one of them.    I couldn't decide between the tan one on the left of the photo or this one....but the metal won out in the end.     Here's the link to her facebook page...... https://www.facebook.com/Lavender-and-Rust-262735414176383/?fref=ts


After I left Lavender and Rust,   H and I drove over to Gallery 15 to see what they had for sale.      They are going out of business,  so everything was really marked down.    I picked up this antique bread bowl full of pine cones and dried coconuts for $20.


I loved the aged look of my new bread bowl......


I have to admit that I had never seen dried coconuts before.....


Their little faces look kinda scary so they  will fit right into in my Halloween vignettes


I found a set of well rusted ice tongs.....

And 2 large treated pine cones......


I hadn't shared the Halloween fabric that I found at Joann's last week,     so  I added it to this post.     It was hidden in a pile of marked down fabric over by the cutting tables,  so I'm guessing it was from last years stock
   

While I was out,   I also picked up some vintage oil cans to go with my gas can pumpkin.


I will stuff some battery operated twinkle lights into my pumpkins mouth to light him up for Halloween.    This is not just any old gas can pumpkin......he was made by one of my friends granddaughter,  so he is kinda special..    


9 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I love the decorating ! Greetings,Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny for linking up and sharing with us at #overthemoon link party. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, The bread bowl is a wonderful find. You can use it any season. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute finds! I love the gas can pumpkin. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love that pumpkin gas can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pumpkin can. You always make a great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, your Gas Can Pumpkin is cute and I know it will be even prettier with lights inside. I'm going to include this as a Feature at the Merry Monday party this Sunday night! So glad you share with us. Shirley @Intelligent Domestications

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sort of shocked that you did not hit a garage sale. I actually really look forward to seeing what you have found.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dough bowl is my favorite piece. You are such a great vintage hunter I enjoy seeing what you locate, its always fun to read.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!