Blog Archive

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Coffee Table Repuposed to a Mantel Piece



When H pointed out this coffee table to me at a yard sale Saturday,   I told him  " I don't think we need another coffee table, sweetie"  then he said  "but it's only $5,  honey"     So,   I took another look at it and loved the carvings on it and thought that surely we could figure out how to repurpose it since we didn't need another coffee table.

We put our heads together and this is what we came up with.


H brought it in from the car to the family room and we just sat and looked at it for a while....it was still to early and cool to sit outside.


H took it all apart and we played with the parts for a while.    Then  we got an idea of how we wanted to reassemble the parts.

You can see in the last photo how H took the short bottom legs and put them back on straight  instead of at an angle.    If we left them angled,  the piece would be too wide to fit on the fireplace mantel.   Then he took the four longer leg  pieces in the middle and wedged the oval top in between them 


He then attached the oval and long legs to the flat bottom piece that sits on the short legs.     He screwed the short legs to  the mantel so it won't fall off in a high wind.


He gave it a fresh coat of  white paint and also refreshed the top of the mantel with a coat too.     We no longer wanted the paned window you see behind it,   so H took it down.    

Now all I need to do is create a pretty fall design on the mantel......maybe tomorrow.     The sun is starting to go down and it's getting chilly again so I think we'll call it a day..    We are supposed to be in the high 70's all week here in Eastern New Mexico so I have all week to get it done! 


H didn't harm any of the pieces to make the new window,   so if we ever need another coffee table.... he can take it apart again and give it another new life as a coffee table again!


20 comments:

  1. Penny,
    I have no words!!! I am in awe at your creativity!! I would have never thought of doing this but it came out fantastic!! Both you and H amaze me!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that you & Mr. H. are a team.He knew you should get it. The wood is just beautiful.It's great that both of you encourage each other when you see a great piece that you shouldn't pass it up. He has a great eye for seeing out side the box to. I look for your post everyday. I Thank You & Mr. H. so much for sharing all your pretty things with us. It's hard work to round it all up & display it. But when you love what you are doing it's all worth while ~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love the transformation of the table! It looks like it belongs on that mantle, great job.Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Hope to see ya next week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so inventive and unique! Love such creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative is that! Wow is all I can say. Love it.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly, very creative and that you can make it back into a coffee table was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a super cool piece. It really takes an eye to be able to take something apart like that and make into something completely different. I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be make a great mirror too. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cool idea! Thank you for stopping by diyhshp.blogspot.com and linking up to More the Merrier Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm speechless! You are so inventive!!!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it; how nice to have a partner to help with your projects. I think those little ledges need baby boos pumpkins on them! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is so great that you both came up with this wonderful idea. You make a great team. It is so pretty and just right for an outdoor fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Turned out so lovely. Those legs are well worth $5. Your hubby is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great update! I like it so much better like this. Seems you BOTH have an eye for design.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will never look at a coffee table the same. It looks like it was always intended to be a mantle piece! #merrymonday

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love how you used the coffee table! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How ingenious! I would never have thought of something like that. You did a fantastic job! Thank you for sharing it at Party in Your PJ's. I've pinned and shared!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You both have so much creativity to come up with this idea to re-purpose this table in such a way. Thanks for sharing with us here at the Blogger's Pit Stop.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!