Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Shabby Boho Chandelier



I am in the middle of transforming Ky's bedroom from a little girl ballet theme to a pre teen boho theme.   


I gave the existing chandelier a boho makeover to make it fit in the room better.


I made my boho garland and then just wired it to the lamp shade frame.    The cross wires at the top of the shade are like the ones you see at the bottom of the frame in the first photo.    I didn't want to make any permanent changes to the chandy......who knows how long she will want this look!


I went thru my fabric scraps and gathered up the colors that fit her color scheme.


I also hung strips of pom pom trim and thin satin ribbon.


Then I clipped some roses to the top of the garland.   I found these roses at At Home on clearance several years ago and they are so versatile.......wish they still had them,   I would pick up some more.


Here she is all lit up!


I finished decorating the area on the right side of the bed too.


Before...............................................................After 

The wicker chair went to the greenhouse and I replaced it with one that was in the formal dining room.


The replacement chair is a yard sale find with simple lines.    


The new shelf on the wall came from a guest room .


She has a print out with a tribal theme........Your Vibe attracts your Tribe......       Remember when the group you ran around with at school was called your   "posse"    then it was your "peeps"  now its your tribe!


Ky isn't allowed to have candles in her room,    she can get plenty of "mood lighting"  with these battery operated ones.....lol!


Run wild and be Free!
 

Her car spring board is quickly filling up...................


Before...............................................................................Now


I have to admit the new look is growing on me!


Now to tackle the wall on the other side of the room!

22 comments:

  1. I love the new look of the chandelier! Such a great idea especially since you made it so it wasn't permanent.
    I really want to try something similar.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! I always love your decorating ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the chandy!! Really pretty and what a great way to use up some scraps.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mattress spring. Where did you get that? You're creativity is mind blowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chandelier looks such romantic!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented in all you do! I love what you did with the chandelier!

    - Natalie A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your granddaughter is lucky to have such a creative grandma and blessed to have one who will change out a bedroom in the exact decor she prefers. Love how you changed out the chandy....
    very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, it looks so cute! I love the chandy and the spring board. Well, actually the whole room. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a treat to see what you are designing. Thank you from my creative heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes me want to go out and buy lots of pretty ribbon!!! Thanks for sharing on Friday Frenzy! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the light when it's turned on- looks so cool! Great idea! Thanks for sharing at #FridayFrenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this chandelier! I love the roses and the combo of all the various fabric scraps and ribbon! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chandelier is breathtakingly gorgeous Penny. Your granddaughter is one lucky lady. You've managed to combine your lovely decorating style with all those boho elements to create such a unique space. Love that bed spring message board. So creative

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Penny! What a "cool" makeover! I had no idea "tribe" was the new people vibe. I remember when I was in HS I wanted a hippy artist theme in my room which was comprised of an artist's easel and a wood log I tried to do carving on that my dad gave me. I have to chuckle now. I love your boho makeover on the chandy shade. Very creative! The Boho look is so fun and anything goes. It's a great room and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

    I've reopened my blog and would love it you would stop by to visit! I'm at http://ediemariesattic.blogspot.com "Life" happened and I had to take a long break but I'm making an attempt to get back to sharing some favorite things in my life!

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful new look for the chandelier! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That boho chandelier looks amazing Penny... what a treat for your granddaughter.
    Thank you for sharing this at 'Create, Bake, Grow & Gather' on Shabby Art Boutique this week. I'm delighted to be featuring this project at tonight's party and pinning too!
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a clever update and gorgeous! I am sure Ky is loving it! #merrymonday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovvvveeeeeeee your boho chandelier! What a great idea. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle. I am featuring you at the party today. Tweeted and pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Penny - congrats for being featured at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy - I wish I lived in your home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just saw a fixture like this light in a darling garden shop and was mezmorized....it had ribbon dangling from a round kitchen pot holder...the kind that would normally have pots and pans hanging from it. But theirs had ribbons and lace. Gorgeous! So you don't need to put it on the light.
    mybrightideasblog.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!