Blog Archive

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Transformation from Ballet to Boho Bedroom


I knew the day would come that Ky had outgrown her ballet themed bedroom,    but I never dreamed it would come so soon!    It's been ballet themed for about 4 years,  but now she's informed me that she's a pre teen. 

Before.............................................................................Now


I haven't got the whole room done yet,   but I thought I would share what is done so far.


Ky said she wanted a boho,   gypsy,   tribal look in her bedroom.      Lucky for her,    I keep up with the trends and knew what she was talking about.      It's a little out of my comfort zone,   but I'm going to give it a shot!
Remember years ago when we all had macrame plant hangers?     Well,   macrame is back in style.     I found a macrame banner to hang across the fireplace at Hobby Lobby in the spring isle.


I created a floral design for the mantel using the pastel colors that we'll use around the rest of the room.    


I added some feathers to the design to give it the tribal look that Ky asked for.


Most of the picture frames I bought for her room  have clips or clothes pins to give her an easy way to change the prints to suit her mood. 


I really like this feather print.........maybe her new style will grow on me.....lol!


The arrow frame has a clip too so it will be easy to change the print.     The copper feather on the right side is a place card holder that you've seen me use many times in my tablescapes.


I think her new chair has a Magnolia Pearl look to it,   but I told Ky it's Boho.....lol!      The chair came from the free area at a yard sale.    No stains......no smell.......just needed a few repairs!


I found her a cute arrow pillow cover on Amazon that fit it with the new look.     I've started buying covers for the pillows I already have.     Who has room to store all those pillows,   plus the covers are more budget friendly compared to a whole new pillow,   Usually under $10.


I put a monogram print on her side table.


I hung an old  piece of car seat springs over her chair that she can use clothes pins to attach prints to. 


She has lots of prints to choose from........


Ky can change them as often as she likes.


I put a light weight quilt that I've had for years on the bed.     It had the colors we were going to use in the room so I couldn't see buying a new one.


I plan to cover some pillows with this arrow fabric that I found at Joann's.........
 

I plan to hang this wooden deer head somewhere in the room.       
 

This side of the bed is finished and I'm ready to start on the other side. 

 Be back soon to show you the progress!



12 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Love it!!! It is a bit out of your comfort zone but you have created a beautiful space....Love the chair....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful boho touches! I love the chicken wire frame and feather print. The fringe garland is adorable, too! Did you make the dream catcher? Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute boho touches. You can be glad she went to a boho look--our girl transitioned from shabby chic to ultra modern-pared down-no frills or fluff. lol I do love it now that it is done though. Makes me want to pare down more of my own areas! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boho touches are so pretty!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love to see how you used affordable, small changes to go from ballet to boho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, no one would never know that Ky's requests were out of your comfort zone! Looks to me like you captured it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peeny..where do you get all those wonderful prints, frames and pillows! I love them all! Please tell me if you get the link for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a great job. That arrow pillow is darling! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by #omhgww last week now your post is being featured this week and will be Tagged and shared on Instagram, watch for it. It will also be pinned on Pinterest and shared to Facebook.

    Now I hope you enjoy the little boost of your blog, and stop by again to share.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could remember how to macrame. That banner is darling. I love your boho touches. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many fun boho touches! Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!