Blog Archive

Monday, June 18, 2018

Patriotic Inspired Mantel


I thought since we are half way thru June,    it was time for me to replace the spring mantel decor with something more summery.       

What with the 4th of July right around the corner,    I created a patriotic inspired mantel that can last thru Labor Day......unless I decide to take it down sooner!


I found this neutral flag with a simply beautiful prayer on it at Hobby Lobby the other day in the 75% isle.      It practically flew into my cart!


I have really enjoyed printing banners to use in my decor,  and I couldn't wait to create one to hang across the mantel.


I created my banner using USA shapes that I found here........https://www.thenavagepatch.com/vintage-style-patriotic-party-printables/


I glued my shapes to burlap look paper pennants that I  found here.........https://knickoftime.net/2014/10/printable-burlap-banner.html


This was such an easy fun project!


As well as the gorgeous floral prints,    you will also find plaid and star USA prints over at the NavagePatch.
 

I also printed a couple of larger floral USA prints.....
 

I framed my prints on cardboard......so easy and budget friendly


This is my favorite print,      you may have noticed I used it twice!


I almost forgot to point out the vintage lantern that you can see in the top right corner of the photo.     It belonged to my Dad........he was a railroader and collected all kinds of railroad "things"


Do you love this prayer as much as I do?

7 comments:

  1. Penny,
    I just love your use of pastel Patriotic decor!! That flag is really something!! And the banner is so unique...
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the prayer because it reminds me of my late mother-in-law. She always prayed,"Lord, make us humble".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flag would have few in my cart too! I love it! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Hope to see ya next week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flag sign! The banner is super cute too. Thanks for sharing with Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the banner! What a great patriotic mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it all. That is so very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the muted color scheme for 4th of July. So pretty. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!