Blog Archive

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Week End Treasure Hunt takes me to Canyon Texas


The treasure hunt this week end took us on a road trip to Canyon Texas...... a little collage town that's about 80 miles away.


An estate sale being advertised in the paper caught my eye so we stopped by to see what they had.      Most estate sales in the area are normally handled by a consignment company,   but this one was hosted by the family.      


There were several "out buildings" next to the main home.


They had stuff scattered around the yard......


The family dog found a cool place under a tree and had plenty of water and food nearby.

The main sale was in the house.......btw.....that sweet heart apron came home with me.

So many pretty things to choose from......


Every inch of the house was loaded with treasures......


H popped the hatch and loaded up our treasures!


I bet you thought that I bought a ton of stuff.......well,   it was hard to pick what was coming home with me.      Wonder what's in the big black bag!


It's a watering can for chickens! 
  It had rained the night before the sale and it was full of water so H put it in a bag to keep the car clean.


The brown paper sack held my pretty linens.......


Some garden and kitchen items......


And of course,  my pretty apron.


I also bought some pretty dessert plates,   but more on them later!


I couldn't resist taking a few photo's of the area around the estate sale.......


The home where they held the estate sale is surrounded by a golf course. 
  I was surprised to see a couple of deer enjoying their lunch on the greens.......


I was even more surprised to see how close they were to a group enjoying an afternoon of golf....lol!


The golf course has several bridges to take you across the small streams.      I took this photo thru the windshield of the car.


After we left the estate sale area,    we drove thru farmland.      The farmers grow lots of cotton in this area.......and also corn.!


Our next stop in Canyon is a small community that is built around a big pond.


Lots of new construction in this area.


Canyon is home to West Texas A & M University.     The college has an Equine Program and we drove by an looked at the big facility where they keep the horses.      This is just one of the fields......the only one close enough to the road to get a good photo of the horses.


It was about 5 pm and they were feeding the horses.


Here's a link to their Facebook page if you would like to see more.......https://www.facebook.com/WTAMUHORSECENTER


I took some photos of the houses in Canyon that have a little different landscaping than the ones sitting around the golf course I shared earlier.


This house had a grain silo right by the horse stalls.


New construction in this area too......


You can see here how the houses are scattered around the hillsides.


Amarillo Texas is only about 15 miles from Canyon,    so we drove on in to get some lunch and run by Hobby Lobby to see if they had anything new in the 90% off isle.


I bought 6 dessert plates for 50 cents apiece.......and a few new farmhouse Christmas ornaments that were 40% off.


Such a fun day!


Til next time........


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day! An estate sale...farm country...animals...Hobby Lobby... what more could one ask for! Thank you for sharing and taking us along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love estate sales esp. the ones run by family the price's seem to be a bit better the last one i was at was great got a large brown sriped yellow ware bowl for $2 a large floor great for $2 bblue jars for .25 more stuff can't remember right now. your haul was also great. beautiful decore my hubby does't care for that so we are more into primitives

    ReplyDelete
  3. The linens look beautiful. The view on the drive looks so peaceful and quaint. Hope to see more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun finds, the linens are adorable, love the pea pods on the apron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a great day. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great place to find one-of-a-kind finds! That chicken watering can is awesome! Thanks for sharing at the Make Life Pretty Monday link party! Hope to see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Love the linens!! Beautiful scenery!! I love seeing what you buy at Hobby Lobby. The Sears closed in the Mall right by us and the rumor is that Hobby lobby is going to move in there so I am really hoping that Hobby Lobby does come here because it will then me 5 minutes down the road......
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like my kind of treasure hunt! Great finds! Thanks for sharing at vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. That strawberry tablecloth and pitcher would have been in my car lickety-split!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!