Blog Archive

Monday, August 20, 2018

Bringing the Outside Inside


It's been too hot to be in the yard,   so I'm stuck in the house til it cools down a little!


I decided this morning that since I can't be outside........I'll bring it inside!

Before..............................................................After

I took down the the big arched leaded glass piece that has been hanging in the kitchen window for several years and let all that beautiful sunlight flood the kitchen   

  Couldn't leave it at that ......could I?     All the stuff in front of the window had to be moved out to get the leaded glass window down,    so I might as well put something different in it's place.....right?

While everything was moved away from the window it gave me a perfect opportunity to take down the battenburn lace valance and replace it with a  simple pink and white buffalo check one.      I had bought a couple of yards of it a Joann's Saturday with no particular project in mind.....still have plenty left for other projects.


Now I can look out my kitchen window and feel like I've brought the outside IN to my kitchen.


The greenhouse is behind that bush on the left side of the photo.......maybe it needs to be trimmed a little so I can see better


If I sit down I can't see as well......


If I stand up,   I can see perfect!


I had the cotton boll tree that I made on the other side of the kitchen.       I decided to move it in the corner between the counter and the window for a change.
 

I think I like it better here.


Before..........................................................After

The dress form was in the dining room,   but it was headed to the studio because I had made a few changes there too.     It may still be put away for a while,   but for now I like it here.


This dress form has been in nearly every room in the house,   so it really may be time to retire it for a while.


The changes I made will make this a sunny place to sit ......

The Hossier pulls out to make the "desk" bigger.......H pays bills there and we use it for extra counter space sometimes.


I can  easily move the floral design in front of the window over to the Hossier.........


This really makes me feel like I've brought the outside......inside!




6 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle---fruit basket UPSET...one thing leads to another...grins. fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fresh and Romantic kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outside captures . Please tell something about my captures on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are so beautiful! I love the idea of bringing the outside inside.
    #embracingchangelinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the you can now see out into your beautiful back yard, Penny!! So pretty!! And I really like the dress form and would be sad to see it retired.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!