Blog Archive

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Introducing Farmhouse Style to my existing Decor



I have really caught the farmhouse style bug!     BUT,     what about all the decor I already have that isn't farmhouse style?   Can I mix it all together .......or do I have to start from scratch with all new decor?   
 Well,   I can't  and don't want to start from scratch so I am forced to figure out a way to make it all work together


I have picked up pieces over the years that may not "qualify" as farmhouse,   but  I still love them and don't want to put them away,   or heaven forbid.....get rid of them!


I am trying to marry everything together to create a look that reflects my "unique" style. 

Today,   I want to share how I've decorated the entry for fall.   
  I've had this picture of a serene porch scene for more than 15 years.      I had it in my office  when I worked and after I retired it has always found a place somewhere in our home.  
  

I have a small  foot board hung over my porch picture......


I hung a cotton boll garland on my foot board .......


I also hung a vase with a single rose on each side of the foot board.


I made the "pillow pumpkins" that you see on each side of the picture






I have  black and white check pumpkins and farm animals on the ledge under the picture.




What is hidden behind the shutters under the picture?    There are several shelves behind the shutters that are just wide enough and tall enough to hold my every growing collection of glasses that I use in my tablescapes.



I made my rag wreath more than 5 years ago,     I added a checked bow to it in an attempt to give it a  fresh farmhouse look


The rag wreath is hung on an old door that's hung on the coat closet.     I've had this door for years......I love it!     It was the door to the pantry in the home we had before this one.      It's one of those things that I will always find a place for ....no matter what decor I'm in love with "at the time"


I shared the hall tree by the front door just a few weeks ago.      I've made a change or two since you last saw it.     I swapped out the pink plaid jackets for black and grey ones.


Another change I made was to put  a plaid blanket,  pumpkin,  and owl in the vintage stroller.


You've already seen my fall wreath in an earlier post.......


I've only made one change since you last saw this wall of the entry.......


I had made a third pillow pumpkin like the two you saw on the ledge under the picture.     

I sat it on the floor by my little pink pig.


Thanks for stopping by........come back soon!

13 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! Your home is a treat for the eyes! What lovely taste you have and I love all the farmhouse chic touches you included.

    Blessings!
    ~ Emily N. from So Sunny Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, What a treat this morning when I opened your page!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love the way you displayed the picture. Can you share with us who the artist is for the picture and is there a name of the scene. I love, love, love that picture. It is peaceful and inviting. I love all your critters, farm animals. I grew up living on a farm and then visiting my sisters farms. Once you live on a farm it is always in your blood. I am older and I would be happy as a lark driving a tractor on a small acreage. Your house is so inviting and feels like a good friends wrapping their arms around you. I have crafter friends and I will be sharing your page with all. God Bless all your efforts and sharing with us.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Your farmhouse touches. Your style is absolutely unique
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Farmhouse mixed in very nice ! Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your rag wreath! Simple but stunning. I "collect" photos of wreaths I love then make them for my home and for friends. I often donate them to charities for fundraisers. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is certainly eye candy. You have a way of combining things and it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are rocking the farmhouse look! I think farmhouse and vintage go hand in hand, so its all going to go together beautifully. I always enjoy visiting your page, such a feast for the eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you didn't start from scratch after the farmhouse bug bit Penny. Your style is so unique and totally you it would be really sad to see it replaced with something different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,
    I am not a fan of the Farmhouse look but I adore it in your home!! I think it is because of how you mixed it with your other décor. Your home is always interesting, unique and charming and that is why I do enjoy visiting to see what you have been up to. I will be very honest.... It is such a joy to visit your log after I spent9wasted) time visiting a bunch of blogs on so called Fall Home Tours! They all looked the same, pretty much had the same things and only had a few Fall items displayed and called it a Fall Home Tour!!! Really??????? I was so disappointed with all those tours until I came over to visit you!! Thanks for brightening my spirits and giving me some much needed inspiration!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us Penny - love your Farmhouse decor - congrats - you are one of our Featured Guests at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the added touches of black to your decor. It really pops against the whites and soft pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny,

    Everything looks beautiful and too purrfect!! lol I always admire those such as yourself who have a knack for decorating. Adding country charm in ones home never goes out of style! I love the rag wreath! That's what got me over here from "Inspire Me Monday". It's nice meeting you. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The door to the coat closet is fabulous. The narrow cabinet is great too. Did H make it for you? I love the garland.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!