Blog Archive

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Pastel Banner is the Inspiration for my Fall Mantel



I want to share the pastel fall banner that is the inspiration for the mantel in the master bedroom.   I can't wait to show it to you .......it has all the soft colors in it that I like to use in my fall decorating.

Before I show you the banner,    I want to let you in on what I did to the fireplace to prepare it for the new banner..


I removed the brighter yellow sunflowers that were in the existing buckets hung on the wall over the mantel.     I filled in the holes that were left with pale blue roses,     some lovely lilac roses,   and soft pink roses.


I took away the metal sheep and tobacco baskets that were in the center of the mantel.         In their place,    I put a bundle of wheat..........


and a lavender lace pumpkin that I made last year.


Drum roll please..............the banner!


This gorgeous banner was created by the talented  Kerryanne that blogs over at Shabby Art Boutique.      


The free printable banner that Kerryanne so graciously gave us comes with 30+ pieces that you can assemble anyway you like. 


I assembled most of my banner pieces pretty much like Kerryanne did........


I think the floral design over the fireplace included all the the muted colors in the banner........


With the exception of grey!   
 I'm pretty sure I saw some soft grey flowers at Michael's the other day,   if so I'll pick a few up and "tweak" my floral design.


This  banner is  "so my style".......


I'm sure it will be a regular in my fall decorating in years to come


I've been a fan of Kerryanne's work for years.........


I bought some of her fall pillows last year.


The pillows have the same colors and pumpkins as the banner does.


If you would like to have a free banner for your fall decorating .......click here.........https://www.shabbyartboutique.com/2018/09/easy-diy-printed-fall-banner-kit.html

Til next time!















5 comments:

  1. Hi, Penny, you have been busy!! Do you ever sleep? :) Pinned to my pinterest boards. Love your decorating. Best wishes, Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wheat bundle Penny! It looks great. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Penny and your floral arrangement is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    I am so in love the the very pink and blue colors that you have used in this room.... So charming! Yours banners are amazing!! I was looking at your use of clothes pins....Guess what Joe bought on Clearance in Wegman's??? 2 sets of cloths pin lights!!!!! Now I have some ideas about what to do with them!!!! They were only $300 a set!!!! again, thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!