Blog Archive

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Roosters on my Valentine Mantel


Roosters probably aren't the first thing you think of to use on your Valentine mantel,     but that's what I picked to be the star of the Valentine mantel in the family room.       My decorating style can be described as  unpredictable,     if nothing else......lol!


I pinned a rosette on Romeo Rooster that says "Kiss me Hard"


Valentino Rooster is wearing a sign that says    "Do you love me"


These two will have hens lined up for miles at their Kissing Booth.....lol!


Of course,    I had to make a banner to hang across my Valentine mantel........


And guess what the theme of my banner is........


Surprise......Roosters!


 


I clothes pinned my Rooster prints across a stuffed heart banner that I found at Ross for $9


 



I layered a pom pom trim across my banner.    and added a couple of Bingo prints to break  up the roosters a little bit


I have a simple silver vase of pink roses on the coffee table in front of the fireplace.......


And,    I have a new rug in the family room.     Another Ross purchase......$45.


Now that the mantel is finished........
 

I can turn my attention to the cabinets on either side of the fireplace.     


I bet you can't guess what the theme will be for the cabinets......lol!

 Thanks for visiting me today.....come back soon!



9 comments:

  1. You are wonderful. I love how you decorate. I thought I had a lot of things but not as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    Love the roosters!! I have roosters in my Kitchen year round except for Christmas so why not use them for Valentine's Day decor. Makes perfect since to me!! LOL! I LOVE your banners and can not wait until I can try my hand a making some but I have just been very busy! I really like your use of pom pom trim too!! We have 6 inches of snow then ice and rain and snow!! Now it is -3 degrees!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the roosters. It's like a Valentines day Morning started off the right way. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, Your black and white rooster are smashing. They are so cute for roosters. When I was 5 we had a big red rooster that would chase me when I was out side. Mom finally got tired of his nonsense and we had a chicken dinner. They are funny birds. I use to play in the dirt with the hens, but not the roosters. I have several colorful roosters I display.
    Thanks for your great ideas.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Valentine’s rooster theme! How cute! The banner is adorable too. It looks fabulous together. I’m so jealous of your decorating skill, I’m going to have to come back for some more ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are some very pretty paintings and I love the rooster. We had one that was really cool in our backyard by the garden but it broke. Thank you for sharing with us at #OMHGWW !

    ReplyDelete
  7. We raise chickens so this caught my eye. Found you on Bloggers' pit stop blog party

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always so busy, love when all your critters come peeking out. Chickens and Valentine's---who would have thunk! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute--I like your pom-poms too! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!