Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Spring Family Room


I've made a few changes in the family room since you last saw it decorated for spring.


I thought since I was sharing the room with you guys again,     I would do a walk thru of the whole room at the same time.


One of the changes I made to the family room was to change the decor and furniture on each side of the fireplace.


I took away the 3 tired stand on the plant stand by the fireplace and put a live Boston fern basket in it's place.      I moved the display cabinet that was next to the Boston fern to the formal dining room and put a big side table in it's place.    Now when we entertain,   our guests will have a nice big table to set their food and drinks on while we visit.,    


I did pretty much the same thing on the other side of the fireplace.     This is H's side and now he has a larger table to set his desk top,  food,   and drinks on .


Now for the tour portion of the post........


This is where we sit to eat in the family room.     When it's just H and I,     I will admit that we sit in our recliners to eat part of the time!


Here is the view of the family room from the kitchen door..............


I made a small change on this side of the room by replacing the spring decor on the side tables with live baskets of geraniums.     These will go outside when the weather gets a little more predictable,   but for now I am enjoying them inside.


On the wall opposite the family dining room table is the built in lit cabinet........


I usually decorate this cabinet with some Easter decor,   but I haven't found the time to do it yet this year.


So,   here's the family room from one end.........


to the other end........


And,   in the middle!

I enjoyed your visit so much today,   please come back again soon!









15 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    De très belles choses à découvrir...
    Merci pour ce délicieux billet.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, I do love the changes. It seems more open and inviting. The cabbages are so beautiful. I like how the leaves are written on.
    Thank you for lovely home.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, LOVE how you've decorated! Because of your recent post, I made some fabric eggs for spring. Thank you for always inspiring the vintage side of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a room!! Lovely and ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love the sofa ruffled slip cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY AS ALWAYS. SO MANY INSPIRING IDEAS. LOVE THE CABBAGE CENTERPIECE.THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family room is like a breath of fresh air!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the new pictures, these are amazing view of your living room, I had to look closer look, I thought the dog was real in the chair, but its a pillow. wink.
    Thank you for sharing on #omhgff, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous space!!! I am getting so many ideas for my home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely room with your spring accents! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and calm colours. I love your style. Happy Spring Thelma..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny,
    Love all the changes and I also love the pops of pink and green color in the room....It always amazes me how larger your rooms are..
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!