Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Hanging Artwork in your Yard


I like to decorate the yard just like I do the house......with furniture,  lighting,  linens,  vignettes, and also art.


I hang artwork on my garden walls just like I do in our home.


One of my favorite ways to add artwork to the yard is with garden flags.


In addition to pictures,   I also like to hang metal pieces.     I have a couple of metal pieces hung on the back fence.


In the flower bed to the right of the greenhouse,    I have created a wall to hang my garden artwork.


I have a colorful garden apron print hung there......


I made my wall using a roll away bed frame.      I frequently see these vintage frames at yard sales,   but the mattress is not with them.


A roll away frame is easy to place anywhere in the yard that I want to add artwork.....just roll it over to where you want a wall.


Sometimes I tie my artwork to the frame......


Sometimes I attach my artwork to the frame with clothes pins......


I can add artwork to the front and also to the back of my frame......


I already have my table set up for dinner later this evening with friends.     .
   

I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back soon!

11 comments:

  1. Thank you, Penny--I totally love your yard...enjoying every post you share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely backyard! looks like a place I'd like to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style, Penny. I wish I had the energy and time to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, you make me smile! Thank you for sharing. Happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny, you make me smile! Thank you for sharing. Happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Penny, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!! May we always be thankful for the Great United States of America and value what our fore fathers did for us. Freedom is not free and many have laid down their lives so we may enjoy this great country.
    I love how you celebrate the wonderful blessings you have by sharing and enjoying what God has given you. We are truly blessed by people like you and Mr H.
    I love taking a beautiful sheet and covering a chair or couch with the sheet. It then is a beautiful piece of art. Keep up the magnificent work. I do look forward to your posts. I can just see all of your family having a bbq and watermelon afterwards. I remember the black diamond watermelons from Oklahoma and Texas. They are my favorite. When I was a kid that was the highlight of Summer; watermelons and picnics.
    God Bless America by Kate Smith is one of my favorite songs and singers.
    Thanks for all you bring to us.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    It always amazes me that you can hang art work outside...And use the amount of fabric that you use outside. I would love to do that but with last year being our rwettest on record and this year may beat last year, I simply can't do that. We had 7 1/2 inches of rain in June alone!!! 3 inches above normal....Crazy weather....Your yard looks as amazing as always!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outdoor artwork is charming! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea to use a bed frame to hold your hanging artwork!Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute ideas! I love the bed frame idea!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!