Blog Archive

Friday, October 18, 2019

Making a Place for the Christmas Tree


Does anyone else have to move almost everything in the house around  to make room for your Christmas tree or tree's in my case.....lol!


I plan to set up a tree on each side of the fireplace in the family room,   one in the master bedroom,   one in the kitchen ,  and probably one or two more somewhere else before it's all said and done.


So,  here's what got moved today.....just today.....more stuff to be moved later


The recliner was moved to the sun room......


The wicker lounge was moved to the studio.......


Of course,   I had to do a little fluffing too.....


I changed the photo's above the sofa from summer to fall.....


 Ok....enough playing....back to moving


We swapped the coffee tables in the sun room and family room.....


This whole wall got a makeover.        


The before chairs were moved to other locations .....they were replaced with chairs from the formal living / dining room     The summer screen  on the wall was put away til next year.    


I moved the display units from the family dining room to the sun room.    The display units had to be moved to make room for the Christmas tree on that side of the fireplace.    H's recliner now sits where the display units were.


We moved the love seat from the family room /into the sun room


The two rockers in the before pic were moved to the studio to make room for the love seat from the family room


Why did the love seat need to be moved?????    To make room for the Christmas tree on the other side of the fireplace! 


H & I moved all this stuff ......today......alone......with no help from any of our kids....where are they when you need them!!!   

 Don't feel too sorry for us....we started at 9 and finished about 2.    We went to our favorite Mexican food restaurant and had lunch then spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing !






10 comments:

  1. LOL- You are WAY ahead of the game, Penny. I never do anything for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Everything is so very pretty but what a lot of work! I bet the Christmas decorations are going to be just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Makes me tired just looking at what all you did! I do some moving but not so much any more as without my hubby,who was my helpmate and passed 17 yrs ago. My adult kids don't really appreciate all that holiday decorating entails and never want to help with the big stuff....just want their gifts and the big feast. I keep threatening to go on vacation for the holidays. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Penny, Wow, I do love the Sun Room's new look. I love the 2 chairs together.
    Tell Mayree she is not alone with grown kids only wanting what they can get and forget we are getting old and need a little help. Kids somehow forget all we did for them which was way too much or they might appreciate us more. Back to your beautiful home. I am now anxious to see your Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations.
    I do love your blog and all those that contribute their comments. I feel like you have created a big family of loving caring people.
    Thanks and have a great week and the same to all who follow you.
    God Bless America.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always have to do a furniture shuffle at our house as well to make room for the tree. This year though there is no room to shuffle so I am having to get a new tree and figure out where to place my other ones. Can not wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile at all your moving. Loving the changes! Years ago I had a Castro convertible couch with a HEAVY metal frame. The ONLY time it got moved was when a 6'2" steel worker stopped by! I have a LONG way to go to find room for a Christmas tree; been looking at the tall slim ones but most don't have enough lights to suit me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that I'm not alone, I've been making room for our tree too! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at the Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you'll be sharing next week. Pinning!
    Robin😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that wall in the Sun Room with those 2 chairs and the Farmhouse sign!! So charming...
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Great arranging. I have some of that to do too. I just can't decide what to move. I love the sunroom. So cozy.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!