Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Christmas Kitchen----Part 1


I have been patiently waiting for our Thanksgiving cooking to be finished so I could start decorating the kitchen for Christmas.   
  Our family gathered in the kitchen to cook over the Thanksgiving week end and it really needed a deep cleaning before we begin all the Christmas cooking.     I cleared everything off the counters and washed them....as well as the cupboards.......then I was ready to start decorating.


I started decorating  the counter to the left of the sink first.     I don't know why,  but I always start my seasonal and holiday decorating on this counter and move around the kitchen.


I have several kitchen fairies to help me with the Christmas cooking this year.   It's going to be great to have them here to help with all the goodies I plan to make!


This fairy's name is Candy Cane and he will be in charge of making all the candy we'll need for holiday entertaining


The next Christmas vignette was so much fun to create.....


This fairies name is Apple Jack and he is my head baker.     


Since my kitchen has a farmhouse theme going on year round,   I added buffalo check ribbon to all the fairies so they would fit in....lol!


Apple Jack is a master cake baker and the decorated cookies he makes for Santa are to die for!


Next is the stove.    


I created a vignette on each side of the stove.....and added a Christmas garland and sign to the galvanized metal back splash.


I also added some b/r check ribbon to the existing b/w check ribbon to my white enamel lid burner covers.


This is Apple Spice.....he is Apple Jack's helper


This is the last counter I decorated today.....still have more counters in the kitchen yet to do!




This little guy is the first Mark Roberts fairy the kids bought for me many many years ago.     


He will take care of making all the pie's we'll need over the holidays.

     Apple Pie is my favorite fairy,    
 

I still have lots of Christmas cheer to spread around  in here,   so I'll be back soon with a tour of the entire kitchen!

















10 comments:

  1. Good morning Penny, What a wonderful fairy land you have created. Where do you find all your energy to do all the cleaning, decorating and more decorating. Sometimes just reading all things you do wears me out. I really, really love every tidbit you post. It adds so much joy to my day.
    Thanks a million. I love, love the apple fairies.
    Keep up the great work.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the plaid Penny, it looks wonderful in your kitchen and so pretty on the chandies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Penny!. Thanks for sharing your home with us at the Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you’ll be sharing next week. Pinned!
    Robin 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun seeing your kitchen fairies! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your candy cane elf...we just have to have some magic tucked away somewhere....lovely season in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    I am loving the colors in your Kitchen,,,the red, green and pink look so inviting and charming!! Love the fairies!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful kitchen, such attention to the Christmas detail is amazing. I could watch this many times. Love the plaid against all the white of your kitchen, it sure pops up.
    Came from French Ethereal.
    Happy Christmas season.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your kitchen, Penny! It is so pretty with the white and bright pops of red!!! The little fairies are cute, too. I remember when I first saw them in a magazine somewhere and thought they were neat; I am glad you have some to flit around your home. <3

    Happy to have featured this post at last week's Share Your Style #235. Oh! The Wedding Dress Christmas Tree post will go up tomorrow, if I hang a few more baubles and finish shooting...

    Christmas hugs to you,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!