Blog Archive

Friday, February 21, 2020

Hollihocks Gallery Wall


I just love Hollihocks art,   don't you!     I created a gallery wall of Hollihock prints on one of the walls in my hallway.    I am up and down that hallway many many times a day and will really enjoy seeing them as I go about my daily routine.


I always shop the house first and the Hollihocks barn print had hung over the fireplace in the master bedroom for quite a while.  so I took it down and put a spring picture up in its place..    


I loved it in the bedroom.....but I think I will be able to enjoy it more in the hallway.


I filled in the area;s around the barn picture with smaller coordinating prints that I found on Pinterest and printed off on my home printer. 


Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen!!!!


Of course,   the centerpiece of my gallery wall is the large barn picture.....


Here's how the wall looks from the other end.....


I hung a metal farm truck under the barn pic.....then filled in the rest of the gallery wall with more coordinating prints and a matching wreath.


I don't know which side of the gallery wall is my favorite....lol!


I have one of these shelves on each side of the "window"  in the hallway.


On the wall across from the gallery wall,   I have a single Hollihock picture......


I layered the truck picture to give it more "weight" and kind of balance the heft of the other side.....is heft even a word?????


Way down at the other end of the hall,   I have a new picture......


My new piggy pic is a Christmas gift from one of my grandsons......love him soooo much!

I always enjoy your visits so much,    please stop by again soon!








8 comments:

  1. I really like the bed pieces mounted on the wall...how fun is that to break up that long bowling alley hallway! Great idea!
    Love all your prints and the ability to change them...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hollyhocks and a few growing in my garden. The photo ls gorgeous .Nice hallway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hall is fabulous! Love hollyhocks and now I need to find some prints to swap out to bring a little spring in the house. Your grandson has good taste...adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty and spring like perfect to view on a cold winter day
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Penny, "heft" is a word! I've heard it used as a verb mostly, ie. to "helft", or lift, something. But I think it is perfectly okay to use it as a noun in place of "weight". Makes perfect sense to me!

    I love your hallway vignette, especially the cow and sheep pictures on the right end. Where did you find
    them? I would love to print the one of the cows in the pasture.

    And hollyhocks are one of my most favorite flowers. They remind me of the ones that grew behind my grandparents' garage that we used to pick to play with when I was a child. I planted some last fall by my garage and am hoping they come up this Spring. I love the old fashioned single ones.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely display. Here's to hollyhocks! May they ever bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the barn pictures. And you've given me inspiration for my hall that I've been wanting to redo.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Holli Hocks pretty creations. I have a few in my home. Love your decor down your hallway Penny. So pretty.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!