Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Repurposed Chair Springs & Pickup Spring Banner


I just love to use old springs in my spring decorating.    I used these old chair springs to make egg nests last season,  so this year I wanted to use them in a different way.     This time,   I used them like a vase to hold a simple bouquet of  fabric carrots.


I scattered my carrot vases across the ledge on the built in cabinet in the family room.     A pair of buffalo check bunnies complete my design.


The buffalo check carrots came from Hobby Lobby,   and I made the pastel cloth carrots.


It's so easy to transform store bought faux carrots into custom carrots that fit your color scheme.    


I love to make banners and I almost always have one hung across the display cabinet for each season and holiday.


It's pretty far across the display cabinet so I had to add to a banner that I made last year 


I made this Spring flower Market banner for the hallway last year.........


Since it needed to be longer for this area,   I printed off  a SPRING banner to add to it.


Here's a link to the FREE buffalo check monograms......https://thecottagemarket.com/free-printable-buffalo-plaid-monograms/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheCottageMarket+(The+Cottage+Market)


I added a few bunnies to the existing decor in the cabinet 


I have a post sharing how I filled my cabinet with neutral pieces to enable me to add seasonal and holiday pieces easily    Here's a link to that post if you missed it earlier.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2020/02/how-to-style-cabinet.html


I know it's a little early to decorate for Easter,   but after Valentines Day is over......what else can a girl do!    






11 comments:

  1. I love your creativity. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting your home is always a bright spot in my day! Makes me want to move things around, try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those carrots you made Penny! I have to ask.... where do you store all your seasonal decor???
    I always enjoy coming by your blog to see what you are up to.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, Oh, my how I love those little buffalo check bunnies. Are they another great find of the past from Hobby Lobby? Our neighborhood Hobby Lobby just moved about 15 miles East so not so easy to just drop in a cruise the store for ideas. I will be looking for rabbit patterns and fabric. I never thought of buffalo check bunnies. I love bunnies as much as cows, lambs and all the baby animals. Oh, isn't Spring wonderful with all the new life to see.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done with those springs! You have inspired me to grab some of the springs from my stash to decorate with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful display, thank you for showing us. I just love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love the plaid bunnies and your decor is stunning as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,
    I love your bunnies and those fabric carrots. Congratulations, you are being featured at Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/03/thursday-favorite-things.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny, you never fail to inspire me. I love the way you create such a fun, pretty, and inviting home.

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful. I absolutely love anything black and white and your bunnies and carrots are adorable. Featuring when my party opens tonight!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!