Blog Archive

Friday, October 30, 2020

Barn Makeover and Playing with My 2020 Christmas Mantel



I've been toying with the idea of giving my barn a makeover and what a better time than now.......just in time for the holidays.      


Originally my barn was covered with a check fabric, so it was easy to remove it and give my barn a fresh coat of white paint.      .


I added an architectural piece to the opening to give my barn a different look that went better with this years Christmas theme for the fireplace


My Christmas theme for the fireplace mantel this year is "Christmas Flower Market"


After we got the barn back in place,   it was time for me to have some fun playing with different ways I might decorate it........maybe a goat pulling a trailer full of flowers....


A water tower advertising the Christmas flower marker......


a white cow pulling a goat cart full of flowers......


or should I use a sheep to pull it?


Once I decide on the anchor pieces for the mantel,   I will fill in with Christmas tree's,  Santa's,  and lots more flowers!    


I will play with it some more over the next few days and be back soon to share my 2020 Christmas Mantel







 

7 comments:

  1. I Love them all Penny! So pretty. I don't know how you will decide but I know it will be amazing when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the carts with flowers, how cute. The sheep has texture with the scarf and earmuffs, but cows are the best. I'm torn, good luck deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Penny,
    What cute ideas for your Christmas theme. I love the sheep and her ear muffs. The goat cart is darling. Either the cow or the sheep pulling the the cart is so sweet. The barn is terrific with its new look. Mr. H should make and sell those barns. I would buy one. It adds so much to your back drop. Hope you are feel better everyday.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white cow is definietly my favorite! Thank you for sharing at Embracing Home and Family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantle is done up so tastefully and thoughtfully too. Love your pretty collections with the cart. Would love for you to share your post with us at Meraki Link Party at https://doodlebuddies.net/2020/11/02/meraki-link-party-12/
    Party is from Monday thru till Thursday every week.
    See you
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and sooo fun, Penny! I love the barn's new look and all your animal friends pulling both carts!!! Happily pinned a bunch of photos (my usual!) and to share your cute post at Share Your Style #281 this evening. <3

    Happy decorating for Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!