Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

China Cabinet Chicken Coop



Can a china cabinet be repurposed into a decorative chicken coop for the front porch????   well,  in my world it can....lol!


H and I had so much fun with this project.   We didn't really have a plan in mind when we started .....just wanted to give the china cabinet a new look.....so,  it was a real shoot from the hip kinda project!    
I have wanted to build a faux chicken coop for quite a while and decided that was what we would do with the china cabinet.    H took the back panel off and put the cabinet in the corner of the front porch.   He removed the two shelves that were original to the cabinet and replaced them with one large bottom shelf for me to put my nesting box on.   He attached a long chicken feeder to the roof of the cabinet and covered the bottom of the cabinet with corrugated metal.





Then it was my turn to decorate the coop and the area around it!    I hung wind chimes from the chicken feeder on top of the coop......I added a small ladder for the chickens to climb up into the nesting area.....hung a chandelier over the nest.......and a couple dozen other things.....lol! 




We did manage to take several breaks during the day to sit and rock in the sun on the porch......


Thank you for stopping by....I always enjoy your visits so much! 



5 comments:

  1. Oh Penny - I wish I could drop by to sit on your porch with a glass of lemonade and just watch the traffic (or whatever else) goes by - - - -

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. H is so handy. Perfect pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative and fun. Love it Penny. Happy Sunday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your backyard is so inviting. It must be lovely to sit and relax with all your crafted and diy projects. The china cabinet turned out cute. It adds to the charm.
    Thanks for linking up at the FWF party.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!