Blog Archive

Friday, August 27, 2021

Vintage Door Corner Cabinet Styled for Fall


H made a corner cabinet for the awkward space betwen the fridge and doorway using 2 vintage doors



My corner cabinet sits an area of the kitchen where there is heavy traffic.    It comes from everywhere....lol,,,,   the kitchen,   hallway,   and opening into the family room       I try to make my busy intersection a happy space by decorating it for seasons and holidays.


For now,    I have it decorated in softer fall colors for a late summer /  early fall feel.     In a few weeks,    I'll add more vibrant fall colors to the existing vignettes to give a later fall look

On the first shelf,    I have a September calendar,   a vintage Borden milk bottle filled with 2 sunflower stems,   and a buffalo check pumpkin place card holder that's holding a cow print.   I used a wood flower press to elevate my calendar.


Now for a closer look at the next shelf.   

 I used a white enamel flower pot to plant a fall bouquet in      I have a velvet pumpkin and bufallo check dish towels in the enamel bowl that holds the flower pot.


I love to use place card holders to add sweet paper prints to my vignettes.....


On the 3rd shelf you can see a white enamel lazy susan with 4 compartments.    The compartments have a fall bouquet,  a kitchen towel that matches the one in the pot on the shelf above ,  a velvet pumpkin,   and in the last compartment I have a candle     A cow with a sunflower painted on it completes the vigette on that shelf.   
 
On the floor I have a metal Market Fresh sign,    3 small velvet pumpkins and 2 bouquets that match the ones on the other shelves 


Here's a close up of the things in the lazy susan


I've made quite a few changes in the kitchen that I can't wait to share with you guys in an upcoming post.    I changed out the pink piano stools that were used as seating for snack bar......rearranged some of the wall decor....and more!

See you soon!





 








1 comment:

  1. Penny,
    what a lovely shelf and you have it styled so charming!!I beleive I am all caught up and it was a delightful evening that I spent visiting with you , seeing all you have been up to!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!