Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Yard Art.....Life Size Cow & a Straw Bale Sofa


I have quite a collection of farmhouse animal yard art but I recently added the biggest piece EVER to my collection!    There are city ordinances that prevent me from having live farm animals on our property so I have had to settle for look alikes...lol!    


She has the sweetest face and is made from cast aluminum.    She won't reveal her weight,   but she's pretty heavy!


She doesn't eat alot....lol.... but I have a couple of bales of straw on hand for her to nibble on.


I took my bales of straw and transformed them into a sofa      I plan to use the sofa to let friends and family sit on to have their picture taken on with our new cow.       


We found her in a field in Muleshoe Texas....about 30 miles from where we live.


The owner of her has a trailer sales business and keeps a few animals on hand for sale.   


It took a couple of people to load her on his trailer and they just kind of scooted her off down the ramp.


We already had a name picked out for her when she arrived......Buttercup.


She loves her new home........





I am already planing how I will decorate around her for her first Christmas with us.


I transformed her home from a she shed......


and I am now calling it the barn!


Our daughter has already said if Buttercup ever gets tired of life in the city,   she will always have a home in their front yard at the ranch.    Hmmm,   I don't think that's going to happen any time soon!


I've decorated the front yard with a few pumpkins and some pretty mum plants but that's as far as I've got      It's still in the 70's and 80's here in Eastern New Mexico so I don't know when I will add more fall decor.....maybe when the leaves start turning in a few weeks.      hugs....





 

10 comments:

  1. Well that Miss Buttercup is the absolute cutest thing I have seen today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny I'm in love with Buttercup. She has the best barn in New Mexico. Thank you for making me smile and for a moment I can visit your world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this look...and your cow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I just love your Buttercup! I need one for my yard. All the decorating around her is so cute. You are so creative Penny. Just love your home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...She's adorable...my Hubby yelled at me for my 'thrift purchases' today---so I showed him what you came home with...LOL! Hugs, she is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving Buttercup.more that that I'm loving how you naturalized your trailer into a design element of the yard.we are planning to do that with our camper and creating a campground ish look with a campfire pit and strung lights , seating outside the door with potted plants it never occurred to me to incorporate our storage trailer.We pick up the trailer in 2 months with all our things we had been storing and now we are going to redesign our back yard plans to incorporate this new idea. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Ironically my daughter's neighbor put a life size cow in her front yard last year and we talk about it all the time and how they decorate her for each holiday. Your setup is so much better though and I'm so glad you shared it with is this week. Such fun! #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the whole set-up! Buttercup, the bales of hay, and the pumpkins look amazing for fall! Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com! I'd love to have you come over and share on Traffic Jam Weekend Link Party as well. It's open now until Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!