Blog Archive

Monday, October 18, 2021

Hot Apple Cider Bar and Witches Brew Punch


Halloween is just around the corner and it's time to have a little fun hosting a few parties!    For me,   Halloween is the start of the holiday season.....FUN,  FOOD,  AND FESTIVITIES for the next few months.


I use this buffet table to serve lots of goodies over the next few months and I want to share a couple of vignettes I've already used.   In this one,    I chose a big copper kettle to serve my Witches Brew in this year and of course the centerpiece is the witch......

  
I don't like to decorate with stuff that is too scary,  so I think she is just about right.    Well,  maybe her spider topped witches hat might be just a little bit scary....lol!


Her dress is quite elegant and flowing....she's a favorite in my collection of witches.    I have been collecting Witches for years and years.....


The receipe I always use for my witches brew punch is so so simple......2 liters of ginger ale,    4 cups of pineapple juice,   and 1 tub of lime sherbet      The kids love it and the adults can add a little vodka if they want to spice up their Halloween "punch"

 
I like to serve it in clear tumblers ....this punch  has a spooky green slimy color.


I served the Witches brew punch on a warm evening that we were able to sit outside on the back porch as well as in the sunroom and enjoy a cool drink.     



If the night is going to be cooler,   I like to serve Hot Apple Cider.    I serve an easy 3 ingredient recipe....1 TBS sugar,    2 quarts of apple juice,  and 1 cup of red hots.  Heat all of the ingredients until everything has dissolved   It can be served from a crock pot or for this gathering I chose a piece from my silver collection.


The kids can enjoy the apple cider "as is" and the adults can add a splash of bourbon or whiskey.



I used the same floral design for both parties and just changed out the serving pieces and accessories.



We enterain a lot in the sun room during the early fall.    It's usually still warm enough here in Eastern New Mexico to have the doors open and allow everyone to roam between the sun room,  back porch,  and on out into the yard if they want to. 

In addition to using the buffet to serve on,   I also use the armoire to serve from and a couple of tables on the back porch.    If you missed my Mosdow Mule post,  here's a link to it.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/10/gas-can-jack-o-lantern-apple-cider.html


I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!

 

9 comments:

  1. I love your witch too ! I copied down your Witches' Brew recipe for future use ! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the recipe for Apple Cider, with the red hots. It sounds wonderful! Thank you for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love your witch---just the right touch for a Halloween spooky night with elegance. Sweet post and NUM, on your cider, I would have to throw some cinnamon and cloves in it, though! LOL. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful and apple cider sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. The witch is fun. yummy apple cider too. i am happy to feature your post at Love Your Creativity on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just in love with your witch and your setup is perfect. Just the right amount of "spooky!" Your cider bar is lovely too and I am anxious to try recipe. I never thought of red hots! Thanks so much for the inspiration and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all. Crushing on the with. Thanks for posting at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny, I know you already know, I was happy to share your lovely witches brew post at this past Share Your Style #323 for you. <3 I love the airiness of your home there in New Mexico!! Such wonderful light... Thank you for your thoughts. Yoda and I are doing well. <3

    Enjoy moving into the holidays,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!