Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Wall & Sofa Table Valentine Day Decor


Today my post is about how I have decorated for Valentines Day the wall and sofa table behind the couch in the family room. 


The focal points of my Valentine decor is a Chicken wire heart hung on the mirror over the sofa.....


The other focal point in my design is the fun sign that says......Never trust a person that doesn't like cows!    


I decorate a lot with farm animals and I particularly love cows.    H and I both come from a long line of farmers.....both of our parents & grandparents had farmland and dairies so you might say it's in our blood!


I decorated the sofa table very simply with just an assortment of cow pictures and candles.


Here's the herd on this side of the sofa table....





The other side of the sofa table is decorated with similar items..... 


This side of the sofa table is just decorated with different pictures and candles




I thought you might enjoy a look around the Valentine Day decor I have in the family room.....and I have links you can click on if you would like more details and closer looks...... 


The link to the lit cabinet decorated for Valentines Day is here......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/01/valentines-day-flower-bar.html


Here's the link to the post where I share all the details about the fireplace mantel......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/01/first-mantel-of-2022-with-hints-of.html


AND.....in an upcoming post I will share photo's and details about my Valentine Day tablescape in the family dining room......

See you soon!
















6 comments:

  1. Hi Penny! Oh, I just love your Valentine cuteness! And yes, I love cows. My grandparents had a farm and they had a milk cow. She was not a very nice girl and if I ever got in the field with her she would chase me! :) But I do think cows have the prettiest eyes. My eye has spied that beautiful crocheted piece on the back of your sofa! Thank you so much for popping in to see me
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chicken wire heart! Maybe because I have a similar one... great minds. Lol. Your living room looks great. Your cow sign reminded me of a story my grandmother told me. My Poppa was 10 years older than her when they met. Even though he was older, he was very nervous around her because she was so beautiful (his words not hers ha!). He took her on a date and tried to be romantic and give her a compliment, so he said, "You have the most beautiful eyes. Just like my cow Dolly." Hand to forehead moment, haha! I guess it worked because here I am! Thanks so much for sharing with us on Crafty Creators!
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, you always make things beautiful! I love the story behind your love of cows; makes the decor even more charming. And your Valentine's Day touches are lovely without being over the top--just right!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, my grandparents were dairy farmers and I absolutely adore cows too!
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful shabby cow themed valentines at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tonight's party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    Love that pretty heart on the mirror!! So charming!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!