Blog Archive

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Create Tablescapes without Breaking the Bank, Use Fabric to Make rooms Flow, and More


I love to create a pretty table when we entertain,  but who has the budget for several sets of dishes...or the room to store them?   Can you create a beautiful tablescape using paper plates?    I think you can,   and here's how I do it!


I begin my place settings with inexpensive place mats....mostly from yard sales.   I've invested in white chargers and plates that can be used with almost any everyday,  seasonal,  or holiday paper plate.   


For some added elegance to my place setting,   I've used crystal glasses.    Can you mix paper plates and crystal....I think so!


The paper plates are a recent purchase from Hobby Lobby and they had the coordinating napkins and dessert/salad plates as well. 

I want to share how I just used the napkins to create a little different place setting.   I replaced the crystal glass with a milk glass tumbler.    White charger and ironstone plate with a napkin on top works great.     Sometimes I even mix the place setting on my tablescape.....one set for the ladies and a different one for the guys.



I also changed the centerpiece up just a little for each tablescape.    The barn has a blue door in the first tablescape and a yellow door in the second....also different roosters and a different sign in front of the barn.



I carried the blue truck theme on my tablescape into the rest of the dining area.    Here's how I used it on the lit cabinet.    Here's a link to that post in case you missed it......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/02/is-it-too-early-to-decorate-for-spring.html


I hung a blue pick up sign that says "Hello" on the wall.....


Here's a bluish flower truck print that I have in a centerpiece on the pass thru between the kitchen and dining area.


To make the dining /  family room area flow,    I used the fabric from the sofa in the family room to make a small tablecloth.




You've also seen me use this same fabric in the master bedroom.    I  frequently use sheets to decorate our home.....you get a lot of fabric for very little money.   I bought 2 sets of queen sheets for under $20 a set .....one set for my bed and one set to decorate with!


If you missed my post sharing how I created the centerpiece for my tablescape....here's a link to it.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/02/metal-barn-makeover-for-my-spring.html


I always enjoy your visits so much....come back soon!

 



6 comments:

  1. Your blue floral fabric is just gorgeous. Love love your fun paper plates and goods. When we have large family holiday gatherings we use paper plates. It's just too hard to wash all the dishes for 15-20 people. So your plates are perfect in my book! Love your springy looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny! Oh, your table is just lovely! I do love that pretty light blue fabric and I do like the idea of using sheets for decor. I've made curtains using sheets before. Hope all is well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tablescapes are adorable! I love the blue farmhouse truck brought throughout your home. You really can't tell your plates are paper. Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators! I'm going to try to get those napkins to use for decoupaging!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the blues and florals are spring worthy! Sheets for table clothes is a great way to stretch the budget.
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's all so very sweet! #WonderfulWednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    Love the blue floral fabric and the paper plates...I use them too and pretty paper napkins too!! All very pretty!!
    hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!