Blog Archive

Monday, March 21, 2022

Dough Bowl Styled for Easter, Dried Flowers, and More


The vintage dough bowl that belonged to my mother is one of my favorite containers to use when creating a vignette for a holiday or season.    It is a really BIG bowl and can easily handle the job of making  a statement on the long Farm table in the formal dining room.


I filled my dough bowl to the top with dried rose petals and flowers.    I was able to use the bed of dried flowers just like I would have used styrofoam......I just tucked larger dried flower stems into it.  


I wanted my centerpiece to look like a field of flowers ready for an Easter Egg Hunt,   so I placed fabric eggs on top of the dried flower bed.    I even thru in a couple of dried wasp nests to add a little whimsey to my design. 


I tucked some green moss into my design.....


And for a little more texture,   I scattered some small dried rose bouquets around the dough bowl.


My mom's dough bowl is so versatile........I've used it over and over to create my centerpieces in.    Here it is on the buffet in the sunroom styled for Easter a few years ago.....


I've had it on the coffee table in the sunroom styled for Easter in years past...... 



Here it is back on the buffet with a bee themed vignette in it.....



I used it in the entry one year.......


I loved it filled for the 4th of July one year......


And I've used it at Christmas many many times! 


Recently,   I used the dried flowers out of my dough bowl to create an Easter design in the Rose Cottage that's out in the back yard.     If you missed that post....here's a link to it.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-rose-cottage-is-ready-for-spring.html 

I hope my post has given you some idea's on how to use your dough bowl to create vignettes in for holidays and seasons......hugs





 



7 comments:

  1. I love all the ways you've used your dough bowl for holiday decorations, Penny. I have a long dough bowl--not as long as yours, though--that has a big crack down the middle which I haven't known how to fix, if it is fixable. But I think I'll get it out and fill it with some Easter decor anyway. The crack won't show and it will be nice to be able to look at it again. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Penny! Love your dough bowl; it's so festive and filled with so many interesting pieces. Thanks for so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning,
    Love the dough bowl. I have been looking for one. I really like how you have it full of dried flowers and other things. It's like a mini garden in its self.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just pinned this, Penny! Using the dried flowers is so creative and I love all the different patterns on your eggs too. It's fabulous in every season and such a way to honor your Mom as well. Hope your spring is filled with all good things, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    I have always loved this dough bowl and enjoy seeing what you do with it for different Holidays and Seasons.....Stunning!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!