Blog Archive

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Farmhouse Fall Apple Decor on the Front Porch


The days are getting shorter and the air is cooling down here in Eastern New Mexico.    It's begining to feel like Fall!


All the plants and tree's are still totally green....not a sign of any leaves turning those gorgeous fall colors yet. 
 

BUT  .....despite all the green and warm weather it didn't stop me from slipping into my flip flops and decorating the front porch for fall.


Apple harvest begins around the first of September in our area and that was just the inspiration I needed for my early Autumn front porch....Farmhouse Style!


I have had my apple garland for I don't know how many years.... and still love it.   I hung my basic garland across the mirror and tucked in a few sunflowers and fall leaves then topped it off with a buffalo check bow.


I converted my wood barn into an Apple Shack.....and put a big basket of apples next to it.     I hadn't planned to include any pumpkins in my front porch decor,   but we had made a trip to the pumpkin patch earlier this week and I just couldn't help myself....lol!


I fell in love with the orange pumpkins that had big spots of green on them.....


I've seen better stems on my pumpkins in the past,  but I loved the color so much that I overlooked it.   I can't tell you how many pumpkins I auditioned trying to find some with a great stem...no luck

Do you see the reflection of my scare crow's sweet little face in the mirror......  


 
 
I bought my scare crow at Walmart about 20 years ago....they just don't make them like they used to!


I am a pumpkin junky and as usual  I brought home a carload of them.     


And as usual I picked out pumpkins that have what I call "character"...... scars etc and  these two didn't even have  much of a stem at all        Luckily I will be able to do some plastic surgery on them by trimming down what little stem they have until it is flat.     Then,   I can just hot glue a pretty stem on the flat surface.    Always save your good stems at the end of the season.....you never know when one of your pumpkins will need a new body part....lol!


                                           The entry part of the porch is finished......


Now I'll begin decorating the rest of the porch and the front yard.....see you soon!
















 

3 comments:

  1. Penny, I absolutely love your porch decor. Just stunning. You do such beautiful creations.
    Visiting today from Inspire Me Monday #25&26

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apple garland is beautiful!! Your porch look amazing and definitely ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the apple accents! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!