Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The Softer Side of Fall Colors

 

While soft pastel colors aren't typically associated with fall,   they're right at home in my fall bedroom decor.


I love white and use the color generously in our home.    In my very humble opinion,   I think pastel colors work with a lot of white much better than the more vibrant fall colors

 Gold is a fall color that is very popular but it doesn't work in my home very well,  so  I use a soft yellow color in it's place 
 

I keep the family room filled with lots of neutral color,   so I was able to use a soft pale orange as a fall color in there.       The bedroom...well....that's a different story     I had recently bought the bedding in there and didn't want to change it out for fall.    So.....my fall colors were pretty well locked in at pink and yellow in the bedroom.


I love pink almost as much as I do white,   so that wasn't a problem for me


I had updated my battery operated candles to white a few years ago,  but hadn't got rid of the ones I had used for years that were more of a yellow color.


I had a bunch of those old yellow candles so I used them in my vignettes generously all around the room.    It's VERY romantic in the evening in here....lol  
 

Candles....candles....


And more candles.....


Our daughter brought us back this metal artwork from Magnolia Market  in Waco Texas this past summer.    It has found a permanent home on the wall in our bedroom. 
 

I  changed out the vignette on the chesser with pictures of H & I when we got married and also a photo of my mom and dad on their wedding day. 


We have been married over 40 years now.....


So young....so many happy memories over the years.....
 

Mother was a beautiful bride and my dad looked so young when they married



I have collected vintage wedding stuff for years. The bride and groom nutcrackers are my favorites in the whole collection. 


I appreciate each and every one of your visits and hope you will come back as often as you can
 

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen Bride & Groom nutcrackers ! How precious !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed seeing your wedding pic. Like the new mirror on the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love wedding photos, you all are adorable. And your mom was a total "looker"!! And I adore those gorgeous pink chairs!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!