Blog Archive

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Neutral Nativities


I have a few nativity sets,   and I think the neutral ones are absolutely my favorite.....hands down!    I like to feel calmness when I look at a nativity set and sometimes the really colorful ones don't give me that calm feeling that I am looking for during the holidays.   


This is my 2022 Nativity in the family room...... 
 

 Almost all  of my Nativity sets have come from yard sales,  thrift stores,  or auctions    I am able to create unique Nativity settings by mixing sets as well as individual pieces that I've picked up over the years


This is my favorite baby Jesus and I use him in almost all of the Nativities that I create.


I also pick up sheep at yard sales .....


And Angels too!
 


I try to create a flock of sheep using ones that are about the same size,  but it really doesn't bother me if they are different sizes. 


All of my donkies are from different sets.....
  

This is a set that was in very bright colors when I found it.    I "calmed" it down with a white paint and glitter makeover.


Now for a look at Nativities I've created in the past..... 
  





 


Merry Christmas!!!

7 comments:

  1. I have an all-white nativity set, too, that I love! I've enjoyed looking at all of your pieces. But baby Jesus! Wow!!! Catches the true beauty of a newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I've always loved a nativity scene too. When I was little I would make one with my Barbies and my brothers Action Men, make outfits for them etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few nativity set also and enjoyed looking at yours. The baby Jesus is so beautiful. I can relate to your post. I've bought some sheep, camels and donkeys at thrift shops, garage sales etc. Nice post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Penny. Love the neutrals, so elegant. I am featuring your pretty nativity scene at Love Your Creativity. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Penny. I love the neutrals and soft colors. That last pic of the baby Jesus curled up in the blanket is just precious. I'll be sharing this post Monday evening at All About Home. We appreciate you always coming by to link up. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the neutrals of the nativities! I am excited to tell you this post will be featured in Tuesday Turn About Link party this week! Thanks for joining us and I hope to see you at the party this week! Pinning! 😊

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!