Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

My Dream Outdoor Kitchen


Back years ago before we had A/C in our homes,   they used to cook outside frequently in the summer to keep the house from getting so hot.    My Granny had an outdoor kitchen out on the farm.   I was very young when she cooked out there and as memory serves me.....it was nothing more than a small shelter


I have something a little different than Granny's in mind if H should ever decided to build me an outdoor kitchen in our backyard..     I doubt it will happen,   but a girl can cream can't she?


Take a look at a few of the outdoor  kitchens I dream about...and let me know which one you would pick for yourself! 





This is the outdoor kitchen that I would pick...





Now to part 2 of my post...... 
I had some chickens that weren't a color that I could use.....and I thought about donating them or sending them to the auction.     In the end,   I decided to give them a makeover.    The ones in the above picture just got a coat of pink spray paint.....maybe I'll add some embellishments to their plain jane look later...who knows!   


I've had them stored in a cabinet in the studio for years....and there were even more than are in the above picture
 

Some chickens just got sprayed  pink and H sprayed some of them white     I painted a pink comb on the white ones....and may embellish them a little more in the future.
 

One of the other white chickens is on the top shelf of my kitchen corner unit.    She had to be put under a chicken wire cloche to keep her out of trouble....lol!























 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get your dream kitchen one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I do not think I could pick just one, but I sure do hope you get your outdoor kitchen Penny. I think an outdoor kitchen is a wonderful idea to keep the heat out. I love the roosters painted pink and white, they match your decor perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!