Blog Archive

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Our 4th of July Backyard



Happy 4th everyone! 
  
 As we were getting the backyard ready for our celebration, the big trumpet vine kept catching my eye.     So   I decided to take a break and snap a few photos.    
This photo was taken from the backside of the vine which faces the alley.    It's probably prettier from the alley than it is from the backyard.



The vine has nearly covered over the stained-glass windows on the back wall of the Sanctuary....





 There is also a big piece of stained-glass on the front of the Sanctuary..... 

The vine would eventually cover the roof and more of the Sanctuary if we didn't keep it trimmed back....lol!


There is a cozy space on the side of the Sanctuary that is completely shaded by the vine.....  



I thought I would share a peek inside the Sanctuary while I'm taking pics of the vine.....






I'm back in the alley now to take a photo of the not so pretty side of the vine.....


 
We get less than 15 inches of rain per year here in Eastern New Mexico.    so anything you don't hand water stays pretty dry!     And as you can see,   we don't hand water the alley.     Trumpet vine does very well without much water though.

What's on the other side of the fence you ask!





It's the path from the Sanctuary that leads to an area behind the studio that I lovingly call my Junk Yard.....
I'll save sharing photos of it for another day.....lol!


These are the "bones" of our Trumpet Vine.    
   The bones have developed a lot of character over the years! 



Well,  I better get off my photo break and get back to getting the yard ready for the 4th weekend......we're going to celebrate all 4 days!

2 comments:

  1. Golly, I don't think I have ever seen that view of your lovely yard. What a fabulous vine, and your Sanctuary is always adorable and so inviting! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great 4th celebration!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!