Blog Archive

Monday, June 26, 2017

Subtle Changes in My Farmhouse Kitchen


Welcome to my Farmhouse kitchen.....come on in!


H and I set in and gave the kitchen a good cleaning this morning.    He cleaned all the cabinet doors and I took everything off the counters and cleaned there.  
  I had a few new things that I had found in the 80% off isle at Hobby Lobby the other day and couldn't wait to use them to freshen up the kitchen.      

Before.............................After

  The before photo is from Jan. 14, so it had been awhile since I had moved things around!


In this corner of the kitchen counter,   the only thing that is original is the Horse canvas,  the big floral plate,  and the metal tray under the Farm Charm sign.


The Farm Charm was a new item at HL,  so I had to use my 40% off coupon,....but everything else came from the 80% off isle.


This metal pulley was only a couple of dollars......


Aren't these Caturday napkins the cutest things!     (Pier One)


I put this earthy tray in the corner of the counter as a back drop for my vignette.     I bought this one and a smaller one at a yard sale a couple of years ago.    


Here's the smaller tray that's on a counter further down.


The blingy crown napkin holder was less than $2 in the 80% of isle.


No changes to the stove,   


There are a few changes on this counter.     


I brought in the metal scoop that I already had and put a cotton napkin in it so I can use it as a spoon holder.   You may remember that I had it filled with egg shells at Easter.


This metal tiered stand was in the 80% off isle.    It was originally $35 and I was smiling from ear to ear to be able to get it for $7       It is really heavy!      I have it filled with silver measuring cups and spoons for now,   but the possibilities are endless.     I put a vintage bell in the top compartment......I'll just tap it when dinner is ready!   Come on over and join us!


Before...........After


The tiered stand in the corner by the coffee pot used to be in the corner where I put the greenery tray on the other end of the counter..


I thought these wool coasters were so neat.......


They were a couple of dollars in the 80% off isle too!


After all that work,   it was time for lunch.    


I decided to serve lunch on the asparagus dishes that I showed you a couple of weeks ago.    They came from a yard sale and there was only 4 plates.......2 asparagus servers.....and a cup for asparagus soup.


I used the soup cup to make a certerpiece for our lunch tablescape.



I thought the asparagus server could be repurposed as a silverware holder since I'm not serving asparagus today.


Then the asparagus server  was repurposed again to hold the crackers and cheese that I served with our salad and fruit plate.    The small dark orange stuff at the top of the plate (that I didn't get a very good picture of)  is fresh apricots from our daughters friends tree.    


No changes to this counter.....just removed everything and cleaned good.


No changes to the pass thru........lol!  
Don't tell anyone,  but  I didn't clean that area today.....maybe tomorrow.....or not!


The kitchen is really the heart of our home.
 The door on the left goes to the family dining/ living room.......


The door on the right of the refrigerator goes to the entry......formal living/dining room....bathrooms,.....laundry room... and bedrooms..    No matter where you are headed to in the house ,  you have to go thru the kitchen.

Why am I in the kitchen today instead of  outside in the garden?  
Wellll......it's too muddy to work in the yard.    We don't get a lot of rain here in Eastern New Mexico,  but we were blessed with rain yesterday and a little today.

25 comments:

  1. How fun to make a few little changes to make things a bit fresher and more to our liking. Glad you are enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy butter pats, which is what I collect. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, What great items you found in the 80% off isle! The most impressive though, is the in the way you style & display the items. Kitchen looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures always make me smile. I'm in my 80s and could never keep it clean but I love looking at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your love for pink roses; I picked up 3 full blown silk ones for .10 each at a yard sale Sat.; they were only dusty! After a slosh through soapy water, I put them in a vintage pitcher with light and dark pink roses on it. My boyfriend thought they were real until he looked closer! I wish our HL wasn't 45 min. away, but I'm lucky to have my 3 best friends, Michael, Joanne and AC only 10-15 min. away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many extremely pretty items. So many beautiful thinks to look at, love your vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny you have so much talent and you mixed and matched and created such a beautiful room.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que cocina mas romántica y agradable, me encanta, hay tantos detalles que me pierdo. Un saludo cariñoso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little changes make everything more beautiful
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love a refresh in the kitchen. Whether it is changing out the color of my dish towels or changing out my mugs:) Your kitchen looks happy and those are the things that make us smile in the morning when we are grabbing our coffee. Thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks lovely! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty kitchen, Penny! It's always fun to move things around so it feels 'new' again! Hugs from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kitchen always looks so pretty! Gotta love that clearance section at HL! Thanks for sharing at Bloggers Put Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many pretty things to look at in your kitchen. I love the Farm Charm sign.
    Thanks for sharing at Waste Not Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooohhhh, I totally agree! Those 'caturday' napkins are the adorable!
    Thanks for sharing #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You found some darling things at Hobby Lobby. I love how you put it all together, it is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cute stuff. I just love the look of your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your house just amazes me! I've never seen one decorated like it before. A tv show should come in and film it :) Thank you Penny for linking up at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I shared this post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool is it to buy new stuff that makes you want to clean and refresh? You did a great job. Thank you for linking up at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I’m sharing your link on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for showing us your beautiful handiwork and linking up to #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I've pinned and shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful decor! Thank you for sharing at ‪#BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty‬.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks so fresh and clean! I love your vignettes. Thank you for linking up at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I’m sharing your link on social media.
    Carol (“Mimi”) from Home with Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely adore your kitchen. Your have such a great eye for detail. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Hobby Lobby too, but haven't made a trip there in a while. You've inspired me to check out the clearance aisle! Thank you for sharing at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!