Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Rag Ball Christmas Ornaments


I try to have most of my Christmas decorating done by Thanksgiving so I'm not so rushed during the holidays.    This year I am running way behind.....way.... way  behind!   


Some of the reason I am running behind is because a lot of the decor you will see me use this year is homemade.....by me!  


My tree by the fireplace  is decorated very simply with the rag balls that I made using left over fabric from my stashes.


Rag balls are easy to make..... just hot glue strips of fabric onto plastic or foam balls........


Some of the balls have strips of the same fabric on them.....


I  used whatever fabric I had on hand......just keeping it in the same color scheme


The ball you see in the middle is a foam ball that I pressed small pieces of fabric into with a butter knife.
  

I embellished some of my balls with  pink rose trim that I had left over from a project last Christmas.


I also have been making pink pom pom's to use in my Christmas decorating.     


I used a small strip of fabric as a hanger by running it thru the existing hanger.    On the foam balls,   I hot glued it to the top of the ball.       Along with using up fabric scraps,   this is a great way to use of some of your old plastic balls that no longer fit into your color scheme.
  

There is a tiered stand in the corner of the fireplace that I will put more of my Christmas decor on.    Maybe some Santa figurines......
    

If you look close  (in the right top corner)   you can get a sneak peek of what I am creating on the fireplace.

12 comments:

  1. LOVE these!

    Hope to see you at the party: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/11/07/reader-tip-tuesday-weeks-craft-recipe-party-11/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- those are fun. Many years ago I made a lot of the ones where you push the fabric down into the ball. I still love the shabby chic look of them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    Simple and yet so pretty!!And such lovely fabric too!! Looking forward to seeing more of your Christmas decor!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour,

    Absolument très original !...
    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell in love with Your handmade balls. The Fabrics, the colours are such romantic. Very well done, Penny!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both the rag balls and the pom-poms! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long ago I made some pinned rag balls with my daughter and her Girl Scout troop. It was a fun project! Yours are beautiful in their soft pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rag balls are so lovely. And certainly easy to make. It is such a good way to use up fabric scraps. The best part is you have lovely Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your decorations are gorgeous I love those rag balls

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea, they look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many pretty Christmas balls they look lovely by the flocked tree.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!